At the Crossroad

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am at the crossroad so to speak. I have a M-4 (Black Wetzler) as well as a 35mm f2; 50mm f2; 90mm f2.8; 135mm 2.8 and the Black MR4 meter.... As well as a V-lux 2 and a V-lux 4

Do, I keep the M-4 or do I finally give it up and see what I can get to use with my M lenses? Or do I just sell the whole M system?

Retired, and on a fixed income, I must make the choice. I understand there will be a photo show in my area on the 1st of September, so I am asking for some suggestions.

Thank you for your time reading my ramblings.

Guest Holy Moly
Never mind. I am going to dig out my old darkroom equipment, and stick with what I have. After seeing so many people having read my posting, but not even one suggestion; it is apparent that staying with film is my only choice.

keep the Leica + your superb lenses.

My recommendation as a Bessa R4A user + 21mm Vogtlander would be the Ricoh GXR together with the M-mount for Leica M lenses (and others with an Nikon/Canon/Pentax to M- adapter).

This cam is a hidden gem with the best user interface among all enthusiast cams.

You can utilize your existing range of lenses (factor 1.5 due to APS-C sensor) and get sharp and very precise color pics due to a missing AA filter.

Prices are low because the production of this cam is seized but units are still available.

Just dig into flickr and the Ricoh-Pentax homepage, it's really worth your time.

Edited by Holy Moly

All good things come to an end, sooner or later. An offer I could not refuse, resulted in my saying goodbye to my M4 and Welcome to your new home to a M9. I am very happy and should I find myself in need to shoot film, I still have other equipment to use, and have access to other Leica M bodies through the family. :)