silvermine V (RS)

Guest agnoo

125th @ f8 with 100/125 ISO film and you'll be fine.

Andy,

with the kind of weather we are enjoying in Europe (and that includes England :)) for roughly six weeks now, that'll be more like 500th @ 6.8 for most outdoor shots. I travelled Dorchester, Devon and Cornwall some weeks ago and used 500th @ 6.8 most of the time on Provia 100F. Some shots even turned out a tad too bright for my taste, should have used 500th @ 8 in some instances.

Cheers,

Andreas

P.S.: Ronald, a marvelous shot, it's got a mysterious glow!

Andy,

with the kind of weather we are enjoying in Europe (and that includes England :)) for roughly six weeks now, that'll be more like 500th @ 6.8 for most outdoor shots. I travelled Dorchester, Devon and Cornwall some weeks ago and used 500th @ 6.8 most of the time on Provia 100F. Some shots even turned out a tad too bright for my taste, should have used 500th @ 8 in some instances.

Cheers,

Andreas

P.S.: Ronald, a marvelous shot, it's got a mysterious glow!

Well, that's only 1 1/2 stops difference, which is well within the capabilities of most negative films.

I presume that you weren't out during the mid-day sun, anyway? Only mad dogs and Englishmen do that :)

I am sure that our Batman and Robin here will be sticking to the early morning and late afternoon/evening shots... :D

Well, that's only 1 1/2 stops difference

And that difference makes ALL the difference when using slide flim (which I did). BTW, light intensity does not change as much as one would think. From about 2 hours after sunrise to about 2 hours before sunset light intensity stays pretty much the same, although the intensity seems to vary, due to the change in colors throughout the day.

On my recent journey, I remember taking a shot at about 7 p.m. in Winchester, and even at that time of the day I only opened up one stop (actually, I did two shots, one opened up 0.5 stop and the other one 1 stop. Both are ok, it depends on the projector used for projecting the shots whether one or the other is more suitable). The slide came out very nicely (I do not have a scanner so I can't post any results).

Regards,

Andreas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And that difference makes ALL the difference when using slide flim (which I did).

This is true.

Even in UK latitudes, the mid day sun is too high to be very interesting though, and with slide film the contrasts would be very pronounced.

I seldom bother shooting anything during the summer daytimes.