Anyone Using a Luigi Half Case for Their M8?

Cream1008

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please post your photo of you Leica M camera with Luigi case. Love the superior quality and workmanship. Also the passionate of Luigi keep improving on making the case. We can see other case maker is following the footstep of Luigi case.

Edited by Cream1008

Yes I have a beautiful Tan Halfcase with detachable screen flap and matching Strap. I wear it when I need to look like an old folk taking pictures with its vintage camera.

No jokes, it is a wonderful complement to any M8. Camera looks gorgeous in it and is someway well protected too. And Mr. Luigi Crescenzi is a very fine gentleman worth the acquaintance.

Highly recommended.

I have a Louigi case I got used on the bay. It's beautifully constructed, I'll grant that, other than mine is the kind with the removable back flap and it constantly comes unsnapped rubbing against the inside of my bag or on my clothing (almost lost it on the ground a couple times). However once the novelty wore off I began to get annoyed by both the added bulk (after all, what I like most about using a Leica is the small profile) and having to take it on and off to change a memory card or battery. So now it sits in the closet with some other Leica frou-frou I couldn't live without but never use :D

Here's mine Luigi Case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Got a *full* luigi case for my M8, very convenient for travel, I can just throw it in my luggage - no more dedicated photo bag. I chose it black with red stitching and built-in grip, it sure does add some bulk but I love it. Great piece of leather craftsmanship.

I just ordered one for my M7, full case as well, only black with white stitches :)

I gote mine a year ago - never take it off. exepct for changing cards and battery:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered one in black, but then received an email about him being backlogged. When I first got my Leica I read about the long wait times for Luigi's products which is why I never bought, and am not one to take part now. I'll cancel if I don't receive it in the timeframe advertised. Time is money...new leather smell or not! :D

Well, technically, all he has to do is advertise a 30+ day waiting period and see what his customer base is versus advertising 10 days (or however it says), and then sending an email right away saying, "Gotcha! Waiting time is an extra three weeks. Ha, ha!"

(Embellished for effect) If that's not spiteful, I don't know what is. Be honest to begin with.

Luigi is a one man band business, and we're in the middle of the holiday season, personally I'd give him a little slack.

What he says on his (highly confusing) website is...

...ready items are usually sent within THREE days,

NOT ready items, and cases-straps to be made upon special order, need to

be made, and I need a calm time. Usually, 15 making days, but in certain moments

of busy job, for more sales, or slower production, I may need MORE TIME. NO hurry, please !

• Like 2