Why not an "I love my M7" thread?

Pedro

• 1 month later...

To keep it up......

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Because although I own two M7s, and even an M9, and six M4s, there is no love for the M7.

Strangely enough I think I know what you may mean. I have had one of every Leica M model, some with more than one example. But the M7 is the one camera that I never ever bonded with, it is a blank on the emotional radar, and I was happy to see the back of it. The MP on the other hand is another case, but in my case I bought it on release, just before I went mostly digital. But it still has more feeling and contentment in a day out with it (when I do put a film through) than the M7 ever did.

Steve

Oh, but digital cameras do take 'photographs'. With film cameras photographer take photographs, not camera...

I love this. So going to use it next time someone tells me digital is the future and film is a waste of time. Along with a punch in the groin. Narrow-minded fools! FILM IS THE ONLY WAY!!! *sarcasm*

I was going to buy an M7 last year. I decided I'll save half my pay check all year long and treat my self for my 27th birthday with an a la Carte.

Then I decided that I'll use it as a test of love. On my 20th wedding anniversary, if my wife doesn't buy me one, I know she hasn't been listening to me and doesn't know anything about me.

Now to get married and travel forward 20 years in time...

• Like 1

What I hate is posts like this - superior, patronizing, time-wasting and depressing.

I agree. That's what happens when someone who (imo) should be removed from this forum is allowed to stay.

For those who love their M7's, good on you and keep posting!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first M7 out of the box did not work. I called the supplier (in London) from my home in Italy and he ran me through a few tricks to try to get it working but I had to send in back. Nearly five years later the replacement is and has always worked perfectly - the meter does seem to be spot on. What I did not understand was why neither the Leica dealer in London nor someone in Germany fire the camera up before it was shipped to see if it, er, worked. Am in two minds about trading in my M7 for an M9 (with my trusty M6 in reserve). Decisions, decisions.

• 4 months later...

:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

M7 with A&A half case and gordy's

• Like 4

The Dynamic Duo ;) - M7 ALC 0.85 and M9 (got the M7 new yesterday - perfect)

• Like 4

I promised myself I wouldn't take pictures of my camera until I'd taken at least a hundred photos with it, but after only a few days and two rolls my M7 ALC black paint is already getting quite a few hairline scratches on the glossy outer coat. So I decided I needed at least one photo of the camera while it still looks like new...

Leica was able to accommodate all of my requests other than black strap lugs, black paint hot shoe mount and black paint shutter release collar—à la the special edition MP-3. Ordered Late December 2011, received early March 2012...

• Like 6

In no way to I enjoy pictures of peoples' Leicas. It is like y'all bought the same mannequin and dressed him or her in different garbs, usually leather. Come on. We all know what Leicas look like.

But I have to end on a light note, a bad joke.

Q: Do you know why American bikers love women dressed in all leather?

A: Because they smell like a new truck.

You know already that I could care less. I have two M7s. Dressing them up like dolls does nothing for me, or for them.

Play on girls, dressing up your Leicas and posting them here. I might make a mash-up of Barbie dolls and adorned Leicas.

Many feel differently from you (though there are some that feel similarly and don't bother posting their distaste ). See several threads with hundreds of photos from hundreds of other forum members that like looking at photos of the cameras being used:

That's like posting pictures of your mate and making no remark of their character, endearing or not. "Oh, she is so beautiful until she speaks.", as in "My dressed up Leica makes as crummy pictures clothed or not."

Besides, the Leica is truly a lower-level prestige item. Those who obsecesses about its looks are in a weary land, not much unlike people who conspicuously choose ties and shoes. Who cares? Perhaps my suit and accessories cost $8K. Nobody cares. Including me. It gets you nowhere.

Edited by pico

The point is that as little as you care about photos of cameras, most of us care even less what you do and do not want to see photos of on this forum. We all know a Leica is a Leica no matter how it looks on the outside, but there are reasons you may fail to recognize that make many of us want to share photos and see the shared photos...

Ultimately it's about contributing something useful (or at least friendly) to a thread or not really writing anything at all.

• Like 3

...Pico, I will be forthright. Whilst I am not a fan of these threads, and even though you may have a point, the tone of your post shows a distinct lack of respect for fellow members whose palate might differ from yours. It is ugly and embarrassing. And totally uncalled for.

Perhaps this is an opportune moment to once again point out that this is Andreas's house, and we are all guests.

It is only ugly and embarrassing to you and some other hyper sensitives. Those who are confident in their position will not respond. You, on the other hand, seem to identify with this list, which is only an internet forum, are hyper-sensitive.

If Andreas wants to kick me out, he will. And if he is honorable he will include the full thread that justified it. Look, it's only an opinion place. Dont take it so personally.

Edited by pico

The point is that as little as you care about photos of cameras, most of us care even less what you do and do not want to see photos of on this forum. We all know a Leica is a Leica no matter how it looks on the outside, but there are reasons you may fail to recognize that make many of us want to share photos and see the shared photos...

Ultimately it's about contributing something useful (or at least friendly) to a thread or not really writing anything at all.

And is your opinion much different than my own? It seems balanced. If you take my opinion to be stronger then it speaks to the weakness of your own view. N'est pas?

The internet is a land of anonymity and therefore often unfriendly and almost always contrarian, but this forum is different than many others in that it is friendly, informative, and without too much pointless bickering (which I regret to be continuing right now).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have your opinions or that they are lesser than mine, but you don't need to proclaim the same opinion twice in the same thread (or every time another one of these threads pop up).

If you take my opinion to be stronger then it speaks to the weakness of your own view. N'est pas?

Your opinions are often so strongly contrarian that it's unlikely that we could ignore them or forget them. The fact that your username on this forum is synonymous with the contrarian doesn't make your opinions stronger, just so strange that we can't forget them...

I'm done Pico, thank you for forcing me think a little on a boring night

• Like 1