The Leica User Forum Book

bill

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is going to be a very BIG book (or we print the pics very small), alternatively we could have a random book generator that uses a random selection of images out of the BIG database. Then each book will be a unique collectors item:D

This is going to be a very BIG book...

The intention is that a group of editors will select the best images for publication.

What I expect will happen is that the editors will get to see the images without knowing who had taken them. They will then choose their top images - let's say 20 for the sake of argument. The editors' selections will then be analysed, and the most popular - let's say 100 - will be selected for publication.

I'm sure Bill will correct me if I've misunderstood the overall concept of how it's going to work.

Update:

Many thanks to all for the continued support and expressions of interest.

I will be contacting the volunteers by PM shortly to sort out the editorial roles. Until then, please bear with me!

Regards,

Bill

Right.

Dr No. (Olaf) you have suggested a "historical" section. I do like this idea, but don't want to open the floodgates for model-specific chapters or sub-headings - again, this is about showcasing talent, not equipment. However, I do have a soft spot for the Barnacks so I shall consider this further...

Bill

Bill, you'r right about not to open the floodgates.

But maybe an introduction or appendix about the (technical) development of the Leica from Leica I to M9 might be interesting.

I would be aboard :).

Just think about it.

Cheers OLAF

UPDATE:

In the last hour I have PM'd everyone who has kindly volunteered to either edit or help in some way.

If you have NOT received a PM and you think you fall into either of those categories, please PM me as soon as possible!

Many thanks for all your patience - we are moving ahead now, and I will issue another update soon.

Regards,

Bill