X1 release date?

JackTheRipper

Jack,

I pre-ordered mine, and was told December to January, with a SLIGHT possibility of receiving it in early December. As for the cases, here ya go:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-x1-forum/98402-x1-cases.html

I think that the system bag is probably the best option, as it will allow you to carry any accessories you might have at one time with you. Check them out.

- Matt

Same for me. My preordered one should arrive "start of december" , my dealer told me. I replied : ok, maybe before Christmas ! LOL btw I am number 1 on my dealer's preorder list ...

For the case, I feel the same as Matt. My favorite is system case ... I love to have my camera "free" of everything around my neck ... Will buy the system case I think.

my mom usually spends about 1k on me for my bday, so I told her not to get me anything for my bday, Oct 19th, and just get me the X1 for my bday and Xmas!

can't wait! I hope to see some good reviews soon!

I'm going to Spain on the 5th and Norway on the 8th, and I really wish I had the X1 to take with me... :(...

thanks for the recommendation john, but I don't really like his cases. No doubt he has a big following on here, and no doubt he makes fantastic cases, I just really like the original Leica leather case (for the Dlux 4) and I'm really really hoping they make one for the X1 like that :)...

thanks again though!

my mom usually spends about 1k on me for my bday, so I told her not to get me anything for my bday, Oct 19th, and just get me the X1 for my bday and Xmas!

can't wait! I hope to see some good reviews soon!

I'm going to Spain on the 5th and Norway on the 8th, and I really wish I had the X1 to take with me... :(...

Last year my wife surprised me and bought me an M8 with 35 mm ASPH for my bday.

I usually spend about 2k on my wife for her bday, so she told me to get her an X1 for her bday, December 15.

I said "how about if I also buy you a carrying case for your X1"?

She said to me " No thank you, I'll buy my own."

She wants to buy a Luigi case- in red leather.

Cases are like shoes, never buy your woman her shoes.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by len_gee

Jack,

As a person who just received his first Luigi half-case for my M8.2, I can tell you with certainty that I'll be emailing him soon to see if he has something for the X1 in the works. The quality is outstanding, far surpassing that of the Leica cases, and every detail is worked out to maximize your pleasure while shooting. Here are some pics of me shooting today with my new case:

For reference, I have the half case with the built in grip in the "Rally" color and matching strap. By far the most comfortable equipment I've ever shot with. I really recommend one Jack.

Matt

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!