Really Weird Kodachrome Question

Felmer Dingle

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello All,

I've chosen this forum because I find y'all the best informed group there is on photography.

This question goes out to those who were or are Kodachrome film users and now have the new LED screened Macbook or similar screened laptop computer.

Let me explain.

One day a long long time ago when I was a lot younger and photography filled a great need to produce art, I was looking at my Kodachrome slides with an incandescent spot light (an incandescent light bulb will work too) as the light source and the slide was tilted at a wierd angle producing an off color tint to the image. Sort of but not quite a negative look to it. For instance, blue sky would come out looking purple or reds would come out looking greenish. I guessed it had to do with the three layers of color being slightly off center with what it should be. There was a time when I (the artist in me) fell in love with that look and produced many pieces of art by copy photographing that off-color look. Flash forward thirty-five years to today and lo and behold, that off color imaging has dejavued back in my life when I look at my Macbook at an angle way lower or way higher than its supposed to be. What is it about the new screened LED Macbook's three color array that produces that same Kodachrome look I found so many years ago?

Thanks

Felmer

This question goes out to those who were or are Kodachrome film users and now have the new LED screened Macbook or similar screened laptop computer.

I qualify for both of these but they have never come into contact with each other or for that matter are they likely to.

I still mourn the passing of Kodachrome II 25 asa and 64 asa and my Pradovit is unconsolable but fortunately B&W film is and will continue to be in plentiful supply for as long as I shall need it to be