Batteries

JHAG

None that I have found.

As to aftermarket batteries. I had 2 of them, sold one with one of my M8's, and they both worked just like real Leica batteries except for you had to discharge them fully before you recharged them for the battery meter in the M8 to read them correctly.

As I said I had 2 and still have one and I do use it every now and then. It is still working just like it did the day I got it.

Since I have 4 real Leica batteries of varying age it may see more use in the future. Along with some other aftermarket batteries.

Wait 15 years for the patent to run out then others can make them with the proper chip in them.

Not sure how these aftermarket batteries work on the M9.

I tried 3 of these aftermarket batt.

One worked more or less (run out of juice faster than the real thing)

One displays an empty charge while it's fully charged, and worked

accordingly, but suddenly shut out completely.

One never worked.

Don't feel too bad...B&H sells for about $110 US (very competitive here), while Robert White in UK lists for 58 pounds, or about $92 US equivalent. Don't know about taxes there, though.

I find that best deals often come from my local dealer, since loyalty/volume often warrants favorable pricing. But, taxes apply, unlike with out of state purchase.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

I tried 3 of these aftermarket batt.

One worked more or less (run out of juice faster than the real thing)

One displays an empty charge while it's fully charged, and worked

accordingly, but suddenly shut out completely.

One never worked.

Well the 2 aftermarket batteries I've had came from B&H. Not that they were produced anywhere else then the ones you've had but I expect B&H to stand behind them. And that is the reason I had 2 of them. I bought one and then noticed that after using it and recharging it the M8 did not show the battery fully charged. I post this on this forum and was contacted by a representative of B&H, right I did not contact them they contacted me after reading this forum, and he sent me out another battery and didn't ask and didn't want, I ask if I should send the first one back, the original battery back.

It was then I found out that if you let the battery run all the way down before you charged it the camera would show it as fully charged.

In fact I'm going to use that battery today.