Do NOT buy one of these...

tashley

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Agfaphoto Digital Photo Frame AF5135MS

I bought one in order to experiment with displaying video from my 5D II and when it turned out not to be very useful for that, I went into Lightroom, selected my entire library and filtered it to three stars or better then quickly deleted all copies and iterations until there were about a thousand shots. Quick export to JPEG, dump to SD card, plug in and watch.

Blimey.

Firstly, like Phil Askey at DP Review, I quickly learn that most of my favourites are from Digital M. Secondly, I learn that these screens are very high quality and much better to look at than a print in many respects. Thirdly, I learn that it is possible to spend over two hours eating a banana.

Finally, I find some old friends such as these two from an MP, scanned; Neopan I think but no EXIF (like the M8 and 9 I have no accurate record of the aperture I used...)

So like I say, don't buy one. It is very very time consuming!

T

p493061824-5.jpg

p266148185-5.jpg

The Pictures are lovely (especially the first one)

What was the banana like?

Thanks Jono! Even at this size you can see that a properly exposed piece of film has a gentler 'shoulder' of rolloff into whites...

The banana was is immaterial, as Lady Bracknell might have said...