Leica Digital Projector

tobey bilek

Anybody bought one of these or know anyone who did or seen one operate ? Worth $12000 USD ?

Can it be worth $12000 ?

If no, what do you recommend ? Better yet, what do you recommend as $12000 is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I've ordered one for my department, but it's definitely lower than $12,000 USD, much lower.

Cheers,

Anybody bought one of these or know anyone who did or seen one operate ? Worth $12000 USD ?

Can it be worth $12000 ?

If no, what do you recommend ? Better yet, what do you recommend as $12000 is OUT OF THE QUESTION.

The Pradovit D-1200 really is amazing if you do get a chance to see it in person. Small, light, quiet, with amazing color and sharpness. 1920x1200 resolution with 2500:1 contrast ratio isn't an easy task for a projector. Compared to other projectors in this class, the Leica is actually in line, pricewise, just about half the size and weight.

I recommend seeing it before dismissing it.

David

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of screen or other surface would you need to project to take advantage of this kind of projection? I can't see an ordinary painted wall being able to handle this kind of quality.

I can see it in a high end home video set up coupled with good surround sound instead of a large panel screen etc.

JCA