LCD screen scratch remover

Yippy_Kiyey

Try toothpaste, which is a very fine polishing mixture (not the gel type though) on a very soft clean cotton or microfibre cloth - rub gently in a small area and keep changing the cloth and paste frequently.

Polish the used paste away gently with another clean cloth.

Car polishes such as T cut, and household polishes such a Jif or Brasso are not as fine as toothpaste.

Hope this helps.

Graeme

Auto stores sell Scratch Doctor.

Fine abrasives like toothpaste will take a month of rubbing if it more than a slight surface scratch.

If deep, you will need something more agressive to start and then work back to a finer grit.

White, not red, rubbing compound is as agressive as I would get. An autobody supply store can sell you different grades.

If you know a metalurgist, he can get you polishing compounds. I use 1 micron and finish with .3. That is point 3, not 3 I have done lots of plastic like watch crystals with it.

Idea, A watch repair person will have these supplies.

Not to pour oil on troubled waters, but you do need to be careful. I tried to polish out scratches on a Canon SLR screen with unsatisfactory results. Many screens have a thin toughened or hardened surface layer. If you penetrate this when polishing the underlying soft plastic does not take a polish and remains somewhat matte in appearance. The only solution after I'd polished out the scratch was to use a screen protector with an adhesive backing. The adhesive filled in the micro scratches and restored the screen to it's clear state. In fact you may like to try that first and see if the scratch is rendered less visible.

Bob.