Goodwood Revival

ptarmigan

Great occaision and marvellous for Leica-work :-). Took M7 (35 cron) and M8 . Switched the M8 quickly from a 50 cron to the WATE as it was so crowded (in a very good sort of way..) The redundancy of a long lens there , except for distant track shots and fly-pasts, made the countless DSLRs with very long lenses seem very out of place. Such that we are stumping up for some decent wide angle glass for my zoom-using wife !

Get there at 7:30 when it opens to get the lie of the land (it will still be busy) then enjoy as day unfolds.

I was there yesterday too

I was with my M7. I saw an M3 and a M6 with a winder on the same neck. I bumped into Charlie Chan with his R9/DMR and I believe I saw Brett with two black M9s at the last chicane. Definitely a guy with a press armband and two M9s.

I was there yesterday too

I was with my M7. I saw an M3 and a M6 with a winder on the same neck. I bumped into Charlie Chan with his R9/DMR and I believe I saw Brett with two black M9s at the last chicane. Definitely a guy with a press armband and two M9s.

Not me geezer...:) I'm a one camera one lens man, and I never apply for a press pass. The best pictures are in the public areas...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great occaision and marvellous for Leica-work :-). Took M7 (35 cron) and M8 . Switched the M8 quickly from a 50 cron to the WATE as it was so crowded (in a very good sort of way..) The redundancy of a long lens there , except for distant track shots and fly-pasts, made the countless DSLRs with very long lenses seem very out of place. Such that we are stumping up for some decent wide angle glass for my zoom-using wife !

Get there at 7:30 when it opens to get the lie of the land (it will still be busy) then enjoy as day unfolds.

Must say I did have a smug little chuckle to myself. There was an older couple running pro Canon gear with big 'grey' zooms, large bags etc. He had a press pass. They looked knackered. He thought I was shooting a film Leica at first.

Can't say I missed the D2x and 70-200 VR at all!

Must say I did have a smug little chuckle to myself. There was an older couple running pro Canon gear with big 'grey' zooms, large bags etc. He had a press pass. They looked knackered. He thought I was shooting a film Leica at first.

Can't say I missed the D2x and 70-200 VR at all!

I saw them. I'm glad I was carrying all that stuff all day, but I wouldn't have minded a telephoto lens on me when the warbirds and the Vulcan were flying!

I had a great weeekend there. I went on Friday with my M6/35 lux and my XPAN. Sat/Sun were days with my R9/DMR (28-90 and 280/4 APO - great for the Vulcan!) and XPAN (with kodachrome).

I agree with Brett in that the best pics are in the public areas. Also, don't afraid to ask - almost everyone is happy for you to take a shot (posed or otherwise).

The Press guys get to go onto the grid, the pit wall and onto trackside. That's great if you want to snap the pit top girls and the drivers. If you just want to snap people, then you could spend all day in the puiblic areas and not run out of material to shoot.

Charlie

Talking motor cars I heard yesterday that Lotus Cars are to enter a team in the 2010 F1 Grand Prix season. I know that will be good news for a certain member of this forum. I very much liked the B&W picture of the cars posted on this thread they were wonderful iconic days of motoring.