Goodwood Revival Series 4 (cars)

ptarmigan

There are some really good opportunities at Goodwood, IF you have a badge that allows you into the Paddock, and you wear a tie

Very nice series here - and the "People" shots too

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the paddocks. Next year I will be better prepared. This was my first real outing with the M8 and my first attempt at 'street photography'. Just need a 28 and 75 ready for next year!

Ian, that's a great series, great shots of great cars. Thanks for shooting and sharing!

Don

No problem. For anyone who is interested, shot no 2 is of the Le Mans D type that Moss ran to 2nd place. The guy told me it was worth over £2m. Nice..............

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the paddocks. Next year I will be better prepared. This was my first real outing with the M8 and my first attempt at 'street photography'. Just need a 28 and 75 ready for next year!

Ian,

Great series of pictures. Glad to hear you enjoyed the day. It is just the most fantastic weekend of racing. For photgraphers, Friday is often the best day (much quieter). As for paddock passes, you need to be a member or know a member to get one. Contact me next year and I can get you a pass out of my allocation (but you'll have to trust me to buy the ticket as they get sold together).

Best wishes,

Charlie

Ian,

Great series of pictures. Glad to hear you enjoyed the day. It is just the most fantastic weekend of racing. For photgraphers, Friday is often the best day (much quieter). As for paddock passes, you need to be a member or know a member to get one. Contact me next year and I can get you a pass out of my allocation (but you'll have to trust me to buy the ticket as they get sold together).

Best wishes,

Charlie

A fine and generous offer - and one not to be declined!!

When next year do I contact you and could you give me an idea of the likely cost?

A fine and generous offer - and one not to be declined!!

When next year do I contact you and could you give me an idea of the likely cost?

Ian,

The paddock passes are free to members (I had to wait almost 5 years to join). Let me know when the dates are confirmed and the tickets available.

Charlie

Cool and thanks again. I enquired about membership and it will be at least 6 to 12 months before they have any openings. :rolleyes:

I'm off to Silverstone in a couple of weeks or so - it's only 15/20 minutes drive from my house - for the HSCC Race Day and maybe the Walter Haynes Trophy meeting at the end of October so watch out for more racing/car images.

Excellent images. I was there as well (Saturday) for the first time, and we were loaned a couple of passes to get into the paddock area (we were already armed with jackest & ties). Unfortunately my digital images were shot with an - ahem - non Leica, but I also took some with a IIIf. Once I've scanned them I'll try & post a couple.

• 3 weeks later...