SilkyPix for DMR / M8 / M9?

germio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Came across the DMR / M8 gallery of this Japanese photographer by accident and was immediately floored by the rich, creamy look of his images (especially the DMR ones). Extremely film like!

Notice that he uses SilkyPix for his RAW processing which is a bit of an unusual choice for Leica digital. I'd like to hear your SilkyPix experience.

link

Came across the DMR / M8 gallery of this Japanese photographer by accident and was immediately floored by the rich, creamy look of his images (especially the DMR ones). Extremely film like!

Notice that he uses SilkyPix for his RAW processing which is a bit of an unusual choice for Leica digital. I'd like to hear your SilkyPix experience.

link

I've been using Silkypix for years, even before the demise of my good old RSP as it was not plagued by the so called "maze patterns".

Generally speaking its results have always been first class, and especially praised for its colour rendering, ranking it among the top programmes of its kind. Unfortunately in its early versions it had either a basic "tool" interface and an English translation that put off many users, but nowadays they have nothing to envy to any current programme.

Funny as it might sound, the one thing I do appreciate best (after its results of course) is not what's in it but what's missing in it. No "asset management" or PS like features as you'll find in LR for instance, Silkypix it's a pure developer, it does only that but does it pretty well.

If you like to get a feeling of it, on their site they have a full featured trial, and even a free version. The latter has the same engine but makes available just a very basic set of commands, though I have a couple friends that never asked for more. Try it, it's simple to use, just work your way down from top in the options at left, and then fine tune in another pass. Guess you'll love it.

Btw, thanks for the link, I really enjoyed it, loved Masa's water lilies but not only... and of course welcome to the forum.