zeiss 25/2.8 & 6 bit

viramati

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have just bought this great little lens and have been trying it out for the last couple of days.

1. From the results I'm getting with M8.2 I really see no need to get it 6 bit coded. apart from less metadata all seems fine. thoughts welcome

2. though new it must be part of the older stock as there is no groove in the flange and a screw is where the sensor is. I believe that this can be resolved or I will take it back tomorrow (bought it on Friday) and see if I can get latest model. Again all input welcome

Have just bought this great little lens and have been trying it out for the last couple of days.

1. From the results I'm getting with M8.2 I really see no need to get it 6 bit coded. apart from less metadata all seems fine. thoughts welcome

2. though new it must be part of the older stock as there is no groove in the flange and a screw is where the sensor is. I believe that this can be resolved or I will take it back tomorrow (bought it on Friday) and see if I can get latest model. Again all input welcome

If you can take it back and get the latest (grooved) model, you should do that. You might still want to consider permanent (milled) coding.

John Milich makes adapters or will machine your mount. Don't worry about the screw holes. A dab of paint will take care of that.

This optic is HANDS DOWN my favorite non-Leica glass . . . but I sold it because I just didn't want all the hassle of getting it properly coded and re-mounted so it would pull up the correct v/f frame. (I sold it for just about what I paid for it too.)

It is a great lens; too bad there's the hassle of making it really fly with the M8.

-g