Viewfinder Lens Obstructions

35mmSummicron

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm curious with the M9's 0.68x viewfinder, which lenses block the viewfinder/framelines.

The 4 I'm most interested in are:

28mm F2 Summicron ASPH

35mm F2 Summicron ASPH w/square hood

50mm F1.4 Summilux ASPH w/builtin hood extended.

75mm F2 Summicron ASPH

thanks

.a

Well, no lens blocks the framelines themselves - they are inside the camera and behind the lens. But I expect you mean "block part of the view through the framelines":

28 'cron - with no hood, no

35 'cron w/square hood - haven't tried, but should be about the same as film M - just a tiny corner cut out

50 - ??

75 f/2 - just barely No with hood retracted at infinity, creeps into frame if you extend the lens or shade.

Thanks, I have owned many lenses from the CV15 to a Noctilux F1.0. It is why I asked specifically about the 4 lenses and specifically with which hoods.

I asked the question because the M9 is FF with a 0.68x viewfinder (as opposed to a 0.72x film) When I got to handle an M9 I only noticed how much nicer the 50mm frameslines are than an M8, and didn't bother checking to see viewfinder blockage on the bottom right corner.

.a

They all are visible through the viewfinder. Even the very small CV 21 P M Mount lens.

Which ones come into there respective frame lines. All of them depending on hood and focusing distance. Wide angles more then standard and telephoto.

Thanks, I have owned many lenses from the CV15 to a Noctilux F1.0. It is why I asked specifically about the 4 lenses and specifically with which hoods.

I asked the question because the M9 is FF with a 0.68x viewfinder (as opposed to a 0.72x film) When I got to handle an M9 I only noticed how much nicer the 50mm frameslines are than an M8, and didn't bother checking to see viewfinder blockage on the bottom right corner.

.a

Well my 50 Lux ASPH does not come into the framelines for the 50 on the M8 when the hood is not extended and it is not focused near or at the closest focusing distance.

But that is on the M8 with the original frameline, smaller/tighter then the M8u/.2 and much smaller then the M9 FF camera.