Leica & Billingham bags in London

jimleicam3

The new Leica owned shop has the widest range to look at and try but the prices are full RRP (e.g. 35/F2 ASPH is now an eye watering £1900 or so). It's in Bruton Place (just off Berkeley Square). It's a surprisingly pleasant shop without any of the attitude I was expecting. Other London dealers include Richard Caplan (not far from Leica shop), RG Lewis (personal favourite) and Red Dot. Details of all are easy to obtain via Google.

Edited by wattsy

The Classic Camera near the British Museum is worth a look - good selection of Billinghams. In fact it's also near Aperture and RG Lewis as well as Jacobs (excellent range of bags). That's a good area to explore anyway.

Have a good holiday.

Edited by pmun

The Classic Camera near the British Museum is worth a look - good selection of Billinghams. In fact it's also near Aperture and RG Lewis as well as Jacobs (excellent range of bags). That's a good area to explore anyway.

Have a good holiday.

But perhaps search for them on here for other threads as they have acquired a certain "reputation". That's all I want to say as last time they cropped up a poster was reminded of slander and or libel laws.

just remembered that I did in fact by something leica from them a Dlux 4. I remember asking about the extended warranty and being told that it was all in order. afraid at the time I didn't realise that they weren't leica dealers and have only just thought of this. will contact them next week.

Guest EarlBurrellPhoto

I was over in London last year and the prices were higher, even figuring the VAT refund, than buying them from mail order to Canada from the states. Maybe I didn't know where the discount retailers were. The shops in town all wanted full MSRP.