M9 Another Leica Journey (Report)

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys I have a M9 report up and i really wanted to post it here at the same time but I can't. Being the owner of my site I went in the back end of the software and bumped the image load up to 1900 pixels wide so i can load some really big images up and obviously I can't do the same trick here to the software and it is only 900 pixels and it would down sample them. Sorry about this and I do feel bad but wanted to get the biggest images i could . Anyway here is the link if you are interested M9 Another Leica Journey (Report) - The GetDPI Workshop Forums

Just FYI anytime I do something with leica i always post it here on my own accord and Andreas, Jack and I are firm believers in info shared among us. So I apologize to all of you and Andreas i can't do that this time. I have linked videos as well. Save Andreas some server space in the process. :)

Thanks for your time

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes C1 Pro.

Andy I went to long for U tube which makes me furious 10 minute limit . I used Imovie than loaded to my me account. When I get done after Tuesday with shooting I am going to go back and get some for here. I honestly do feel bad . This is the main Leica home and I have a lot of friends here.Maybe a few enemies too. LOL

Guest guy_mancuso
So; you are now a user of Leica equipment, again? How many times is that you have been in and out? Please do remind me, this is so confusing.

No Leica sent a whole M9 kit to me to test out and shoot with for about 4 or 5 days. Actually for the event type work it is perfect and love to have it again . The M8 files just where not big enough for client needs ( Overall) so I moved to MF which I love but try shooting events with it and it is real work. LOL

The M system is a dream for a 16 hour day which I did today and again on Monday and Tuesday back to back. I'm not that damn young anymore. Any any gear weight loss is very welcome.

Nice to have you back, Guy. But what in the world would that client need more than 18MP for?

There are of course picture editors who prove to themselves and the world that they are real machos, by demanding oodles of megapixels. The customer is not always right -- mostly he is wrong -- but he pays you so he calls the tune. Yes I know about editorial cropping. I have done some layouts myself. But if you have a message to put over, instead of just your own ego, you do sensible layouts.

The old man from the Age Before DTP -- and after.

Guest guy_mancuso

BIG banners and such. Corporate clients do stuff you never expect and it drives me nuts but really the M8 was a little short on MPX but this 18 on the M9 is hitting a sweet spot. I know it is not all about MPX and I preach that a lot when buying this stuff but 18 is just about the magic number. Obviously the P30 at 31mpx can take it bigger but that percentage is much lower . So far the M9 is looking really good . I shot about 800 shots yesterday and did not even give me one issue at all. Yes we are talking a Digital M. LOL

Leica worked this one, much better intro than the M8. Functionally it was a dream with ISO , Info button and LCD screen brightness. Very rarely stumbled and it has been awhile since I used a M8 . So in that area much more fluid to work with. I shot every ISO the box had with flash and without. BTW I used the Metz 54 with the Mamiya shoe and worked fine in A mode , no TTL. Obviously the new Leica flash would give you the TTL but I got by pretty easy

I could down load some of your full resolution DNG files.:) I'm really impressed. They are really nice. Color and Dynamic Range of the low iso are incredible and iso 800 will be one of my favourites for low light. 1250 iso is better than I though.

Thank you for sharing your files. It's been very helpful.

Guest guy_mancuso

Why I shoot the P30+ . My eyes are on the P40+ or the S2. Overall my best move if I make one . Although having a side kick is really nice too the M would be too much money in addition to moving up so i can't do both. I still would love to have one