M6 plus 35 or 50

Dedalus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

I'd like to buy an M6 with either a 35 or a 50. I currently have a R9 with the starter 35-70 and a cron 50 which I'm using constantly but would like to try out the M system. I'm currently based in Paris but travel often to london and frankfurt. I know a bit the places in London but would like to know if you think Frnakfurt is a good place to buy used Leica equipment and if you could recommend a place or two.

In terms of prices what do you think I should budget for a body and prime in tip top shape? I'm not necessarily looking for TTL, a M6 classic would do.

Thanks for your help,

Manuel

To judge by UK dealer pricers at present, you could probably expect to get a decent used M6 and Summicron 35/2 for the equivalent of about GBP 1400.00-1600.00 -- perhaps a little more, perhaps a little less, depending on condition and age of both the body and lens (and assuming you buy pre-asph. lenses). You could reduce this by around GBP 200.00, I guess, by buying an older generation lens (whether 35mm or 50mm).

Unfortunately I can't say whether Frankfurt is a good place to shop but others will undoubtedly know. Good luck.

Edited by alun
I was over-optimistic regarding likely prices