First day Leica M9!

Bixi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What a nice waking up this morning ;) ! At 6.20 am the mailman delivered the M9. Here are a few shots which I took. I love this camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a nice waking up this morning ;) ! At 6.20 am the mailman delivered the M9. Here are a few shots which I took. I love this camera.

What an excellent (and early!) surprise to arrive in the mail! ;)

Congrats and enjoy.

And I see you're going for the out-of-focus look. ;)

What an excellent (and early!) surprise to arrive in the mail! ;)

Congrats and enjoy.

And I see you're going for the out-of-focus look. ;)

Hi twittle,

Yes, it was an excellent surprise - what a day ... :D

In this case I went for the out-of-focus look. But that's not necessary my style. Some images which are perfectly in focus don't necessary have to be interesting. Out-of-focus captures the atmosphere. At least that's what I'm trying to do with these pics.

Cheers,

bixi

I don't think these images tell us much at all about the M9's technical capabilities, so perhaps the wrong forum. However, IMHO they have more atmosphere than many of the images used here to demonstrate the capability of the camera. I guess we all look for different things.

M

Hello again,

I appreciate all of your thoughts and comments. I don't necessary agree with all of them. But I do see that these images are misplaced in this forum. I guess that I just got all excited since I'm new here. I'm learning the rules. Yes I'm learning ...

Saddly, some do have problems with newcomers on this forum.

Anyway, welcome on this forum, wish you great enjoyment of your new M9 which I am sure you will love.

Diogenis - tthank you for your nice welcoming me. I can see that in this forum is a diverse group of people. This will be interesting!

Best,

Bixi

Nice images. Somewhat refreshing after all that pixel peeping :-)

Ecar - Thank you for thinking so. I just looked at your photographs on your website. Impressive. Very impressive! If you'll ever come to New Zealand let me know!

Thanks, Bixi

Ecar - Thank you for thinking so. I just looked at your photographs on your website. Impressive. Very impressive! If you'll ever come to New Zealand let me know!

Thanks, Bixi

Thank you Bixi. Much appreciated. You've got some great photos too - particularly liked the NY subway series. Shows how tight framing adds impact to an image.

Switzerland to NZ is a looong way, but who knows?

Enjoy your M9 - still waiting for mine to arrive...:(

I think I can get equally sharp pictures out of a $100 camera so for this kind of photography $7K+ is overkill.
You'd be a clever bloke to do that. The quality of the OOF areas is one of the strengths of Leica lenses, and they have to mount on something, which is preferably full format to show the edge aberrations.

Welcome Bixi :) Don't get flustered by technical fetishists like me ;)

You'd be a clever bloke to do that. The quality of the OOF areas is one of the strengths of Leica lenses, and they have to mount on something, which is preferably full format to show the edge aberrations.

Welcome Bixi :) Don't get flustered by technical fetishists like me ;)

jaapv - Thank you for your nice words!