Lenses I would like to add to the Manual Lens list on the M9

swamiji

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The list is a pretty nice feature... but there are some lenses I would like to add. Either in some future update, or perhaps a future feature to create my own settings. For example, none of my Telyt lenses are in the list, and there certainly no equivalent lenses provided. Also I did not see my Elmar 65 on the list. So what lenses are missing?

For me I would like to add:

Telyt 1:5.6/560

Telyt 1:5/400

Telyt 1:4/200

Elmar 1:3.5/65

How do you get those to work on the M?

R-to-M adapter and scale-focusing - although I wouldn't bother above 24mm myself - actually, I wouldn't bother at all.

As to your original list - doubt you need more than the 135 corrections, except for EXIF (which seems a minor issue for a firmware rewrite).

R-to-M adapter and scale-focusing - although I wouldn't bother above 24mm myself - actually, I wouldn't bother at all.

As to your original list - doubt you need more than the 135 corrections, except for EXIF (which seems a minor issue for a firmware rewrite).

Hmm... Tried that... Scale was off...

The question came up for me, as I am a fairly heavy Visoflex user... I have four lenses (they are either 90 or 135) that work with my viso or mount directly (two actually work with the bellows as well), that are on the current Manual list. I tried them in both configurations (did not have my bellows with me), and got different results. I agree with your statement, but mileage will vary.

Then I wonder why I got such different results when I used my Elmarit-m 1:2.8/135. With the Goggles and with the Visoflex, using the profile and having it off. With profile and goggles, was clearly the best. Using the Viso, had slightly different magnification, and color was off with out the profile....