X1 Product Manager is a Japanese

sdai

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Do you see the guy with eyeglasses standing beside Stefan Daniels? he is the X1 product manager Kaoru Mokunaka. Some reports about the X1 only mentioned that he joined Leica in May 2007 as their Japanese representative. He seems to be working at Leica Camera AG's German headquarter now because the report says he is "from Germany". :)

Does this mean that we're gonna see more Leica cameras with "Japanese DNA"? exciting times.

IMO the days of rebadged Panasonics are over. :)

leica-001.jpg

Edited by sdai

Some patents with the name "Kaoru Mokunaka" are assigned to Panasonic:

http://patents.uspto.gov/web/patents/patog/week13/OG/html/1340-5/US07511757-20090331.html

Search at Google for:

"Kaoru Mokunaka" camera

That's a discovery greater than the M9, man ... I haven't thought about googling his name. :)

Another dig on Panasonic's Japanese corporate web site brought me this, Mokunaka seems to be the product manager of their L1 (aka. Digilux 3), now they have taken his picture off the web page, do you think Panasonic is very happy about this??? LOL

Good job, Leica ... congratulations!

Lumix DMC-L1 Product Page

I have a habit of searching at Google for the names of talented Japanese men. I picked it up from this site:

Tea Ceremony Bowls

The photography on this site is superior to what you can see in any book on the subject at any price. Be sure to click the previews of the bowls to see the various views.

Edited by ceflynn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another dig on Panasonic's Japanese corporate web site brought me this, Mokunaka seems to be the product manager of their L1 (aka. Digilux 3), now they have taken his picture off the web page, do you think Panasonic is very happy about this??? LOL

I'd be happier if he was the product manager of the LC1 (aka Digilux 2), ;)

I have a habit of searching at Google for the names of talented Japanese men. I picked it up from this site:

Tea Ceremony Bowls

The photography on this site is superior to what you can see in any book on the subject at any price. Be sure to click the previews of the bowls to see the various views.

Those are very beautiful handcrafts and nice pictures indeed although I prefer clumsy coffee mugs. LOL It's always very great to learn all kinds of interesting hobbies people are enjoying with themselves. :)

Cheers,