Inspirational Photographers- B&W

kenneth

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if already mentioned here but what about Balazs Gardi, winner in the news category of The World Press Photo 2008. He said in earlier interviews that he uses one Leica M6 with a single 35mm lens for his serious projects and nothing else. He also takes amazing shots using an iPhone for one of his projects called Basetrack in Afghanistan.

These Afghanistan photos are awesome without a doubt. And although what I saw was done with an iPhone, I'm sure for this thread nobody is complaining that it is all Leica. And I think that project is awesome.

But the list is about B&W photographers. And these super photos are color. Or am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
Bert Hardy and Don McCullin. There's probably a few more but these two always come to mind first

Sometimes I feel stupid. Bert Hardy. Pffff, now there's some photography. Never seen anything by him, now hooked.

"It never seemed like work," said Bert Hardy. "Photography was always good fun."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ornello
I have recently purchased books by the following truly inspirational Black and White photographers. Please add your favourites to this thread

Wynn Bullock

Barry Thornton

Ruth Bernhard

Edward Weston

Pat Booth

Jean Loup Sieff

In all cases copies of these books are available at incredibly reasonable prices through Amazon by typing in the photographers name

I don't really look at photographers' work all that much. So much of it is the same. I do like Willi Ronis and Salgado, but I don't consider anyone's work an 'inspiration' as such. I'm past that stage in life.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...