A little ...32

jc_braconi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Visoflex III was announced in 1963 with the facility to be fitted to or removed from the Leica M as quickly as a lens.

It was no longer necessary to remove the 4x eye level viewfinder to attach or remove the housing

The new three position mirror action control was well received by photographers who had to work very quietly.

For some use facilities the 5x vertical viewfinder : OTVXO can be used, as on the Visoflex II.

In addition to the standard model Leitz supplied units for scientific/medical use.

A rather unusual looking variant is the EndoVisoflex III with Compur shutter and Polaroïd magazine back. Please note the red Leitz logo.

The 4x viewfinder has been raised to make free the rotation of the Polaroïd magazine back.

A micro Visoflex III with interchangeable screen and special vertical viewfinder.

An another Endo Visoflex III with special 90° 4x viewfinder clear and glass focusing screen

visosIII.jpg

Edited by jc_braconi

It is really sad that Leitz/Leica discontinued this line. The design may be old, but the idea works very well. There is very little I cannot do with my M cameras, a range of lenses, a visoflex and bellows (plus a very few adapters). Not only are Leica Ms fabulous street cameras, they a superb technical cameras with the various accessories and attachments.

At least they could have continued to make lens units removable. That costs pretty much nothing.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ron (Netherlands)

Can the Viso III with the red logo also be used on a regular Leica M camera, or do they have a different flange to film distance compared to the Viso III with the black logo?

Guest Ron (Netherlands)
Not this one on the pict but a regular one whithout problem.

Thank you for the reply. I seem to have a regular one, that is, it has the red logo, with the `normal` viewfinder (the one with the prism). Would it also correctly focus on the M8 (and M9)?

Edited by Ron (Netherlands)

Hi JC,

You always have such great pictures of collection!

I happen to have the same Endo visoflex, unfortunately, the cable release is bent and does not function properly. How can I get another? what is the part number or code name for this cable release?

Also, does it have a endo attachment that inserts into narrow places (or body cavity) or does it always just use with the 65mm attached?

Guest Ron (Netherlands)
Absolutely.

Thanks, here a picture from my current set up (will try out if the weather gets a little better here ;))

Red%20Viso.JPG

Edited by Ron (Netherlands)