New class 10 SDHC cards announced

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wonder how the M9 will cope with the new class 10 32GB cards announced by San Disk today. My guess from the fact that the current extreme III card is said to be slower than the technically inferior Ultra II, is that the M9 will not be able to take advantage, with the current iteration of firmware.

Wilson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I haven't tried it out on the M9 yet but a class 10 Panasonic 4gb card was no faster on my M8.2 than Ultra, Extreme 133x or 150x cards.

I suppose the only advantage for no doubt a huge price loading, would be if you were downloading 933 uncompressed images from a 32GB card. For a very busy professional (i.e. not me) this might just make it worthwhile.

I have ordered a couple of 16GB Ultra II cards at less than the cost of one 16 GB extreme III and I would guess considerably less than half the price of one of the new 32GB ones.

Wilson

I wonder how the M9 will cope with the new class 10 32GB cards announced by San Disk today. My guess from the fact that the current extreme III card is said to be slower than the technically inferior Ultra II, is that the M9 will not be able to take advantage, with the current iteration of firmware.

Wilson

I don't think it has anything to do with firmware. I think it is more a hardware issue.