35 Summarit on M9

noah_addis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone tried the Summarit 35mm on the M9 yet?

Now that we're back to full-frame, I may be in the market soon for a smaller 35mm as a backup/supplement to my 35 'Lux. I once owned a 35 Summicron, but unfortunately I sold it since I didn't use the 35mm focal length much on the M8.

I've read Sean's reviews and have generally heard that the 35 Summarit is a great lens and comparable with the 35 Summicron ASPH but with a slightly different look.

I tend to prefer lenses that are sharp but not too clinical. I don't mind contrasty lenses, but probably prefer a bit lower macro contrast while maintaining fine detail and microcontrast.

Judging by the reviews and samples done with the M8, the Summarit seems like a great option for me. But has anyone used it with the M9? I'm wondering if the corners hold up on full-frame digital.

Anyone tried the Summarit 35mm on the M9 yet?

Now that we're back to full-frame, I may be in the market soon for a smaller 35mm as a backup/supplement to my 35 'Lux. I once owned a 35 Summicron, but unfortunately I sold it since I didn't use the 35mm focal length much on the M8.

I've read Sean's reviews and have generally heard that the 35 Summarit is a great lens and comparable with the 35 Summicron ASPH but with a slightly different look.

I tend to prefer lenses that are sharp but not too clinical. I don't mind contrasty lenses, but probably prefer a bit lower macro contrast while maintaining fine detail and microcontrast.

Judging by the reviews and samples done with the M8, the Summarit seems like a great option for me. But has anyone used it with the M9? I'm wondering if the corners hold up on full-frame digital.

the corners hold up very well, micro contrast is medium-high, the bokeh is ok, maybe a bit on the harsh side, when compared to the crons and luxes. but the lens is rather (almost clinically) sharp.

peter

the corners hold up very well, micro contrast is medium-high, the bokeh is ok, maybe a bit on the harsh side, when compared to the crons and luxes. but the lens is rather (almost clinically) sharp.

peter

Interesting. I've never used the 35 Summarit but I was under the impression that the bokeh was softer and less harsh than the 35 Summicron and that the Summarit was sharp but had more of a pre-aspherical look. I'll have to try one out I guess.