Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone (YNP)

RPS

That's a great image, with lovely colours and composition. I like how the river leads my eye through the landscape. I was in Yellowstone in the summer of 2005 and it was an early morning photo shoot there which rekindled my interest in photography after an absence of some years. It's somewhere I just have to go back to! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by bluebear

bluebear - thanks for the story. This is an inspirational landscape and rich in photo opportunities. It's probably one of the more photgraphed areas of the world, but -- for me at least -- it never gets boring.

While I endeavor to spend most of my time there away from the 'maddening crowds' I do enjoy visiting 'touristy areas' like this every few years. Even though I already have hundreds of shots of the same scenery from my many visits, I still can't seem to refrain from taking more photographs each time I do visit. I seem to recall that's the essential definition of insanity.