M9 SUPER WIDE & 135mm SAMPLES

michali

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just in case anyone's interested I took several pics this morning with the M9 & following lenses:

12mm C/V,

16-18-21mm TRI-ELMAR &

135mm ELMAR:

No UV/IR filters

No post processing or cropping,(except for #6 which is 100%), all are full frame, converted from DNG to JPEG in PSE6.

#1: 12mm C/V

#2: 16mm WATE

#3: 18mm WATE

#4: 21mm WATE

#5: 135mm ELMAR 1961

#6: 135mm ELMAR 100% crop.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks! I've been waiting to see the 12CV on the M9. If its not too much trouble, will you catch a shot with more perspective (shooting down the edge of building while close to a building)?

Both shots below with M9 & 12mm C/V

No.1 is taken from about 4 meters away.

No.2 is taken from about 2 meters away. The sun was coming up over the building on the right, so I was almost shooting straight into the light.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I love seeing pictures from the 12 or 15mm which include some part the photographer in the picture!! Every now and again I find a little bit of me in a picture using the M8. When I finally pull the trigger on the M9 purchase I am sure I am going to have to learn a whole new level of discipline when shooting with the 12 or 15. But practice is part of the fun of photography.

Thanks for the 135 pic, that is the first one i have seen posted. How did you find focusing it? Did you have to stop down or use a magnifier attached to the viewfinder? I have held on to my 135 and I am glad I did.

thanks again

Edited by jquimby
spelling error...

I love seeing pictures from the 12 or 15mm which include some part the photographer in the picture!! Every now and again I find a little bit of me in a picture using the M8. When I finally pull the trigger on the M9 purchase I am sure I am going to have to learn a whole new level of discipline when shooting with the 12 or 15. But practice is part of the fun of photography.

Thanks for the 135 pic, that is the first one i have seen posted. How did you find focusing it? Did you have to stop down or use a magnifier attached to the viewfinder? I have held on to my 135 and I am glad I did.

thanks again

I'm pleased you found this thread helpful. I've done a great deal of wildlife photography with the M8 & 135mm combo. which on the M8 gives you an effective 180mm focal length. I normally use my 135mm Apo-Telyt, which is now in for a service; it recently started back focusing. So I pulled out my old 1961 135mm Elmar to try on the M9.

The 135mm frame lines on the M9 are an absolute pleasure to use! Focusing is easy no magnifier, for good measure I stopped down to f8, I'm going to try some wide open shots next.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Way back in the Epson RD-1 days, Sean Reid preferred the C/V 12 mm while I preferred the c/v 15mm. (I thought the 15 was sharper, Sean thought the 12 vignetted less, or more smoothly). Looks like Sean made the right pick for use on the M9. And of course, it's the one focal length Leica still can't match, even with the WATE.

Tasty-looking breakfast, too!