Waiting for this EDITION

michaelfoto123

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Waniting for this EDITION

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Me three, provided this is the chrome and it comes with saphire screen and 2 meter frames. What is this grip called, I like it better than the sandpaper grip on my M8 chrome?

That is the newer covering of the M8.2 and the M9 Black version.

Why Leica chose to use the origiinal M8 covering, the worst I have ever had on any Leica or other camera, on the grey M9 is beyond me.

I'll also wait for a Leica digital with a real chrome top and bottom plate. And I'll probably put Camera Leather's Griptac on it. Which IMHO is the best covering for getting a hold on the camera.

At one time Leica need to do service on one of my M8's which included removal of the covering. I had put the griptac cover on it myself and asked if they could not reuse that coverinig to put the M8.2 covering back on (or leave it naked because I would just change the original M8 covering to the griptac) and they wanted to charge me $330.00. I said NO Thanks.

That is the newer covering of the M8.2 and the M9 Black version.

Why Leica chose to use the origiinal M8 covering, the worst I have ever had on any Leica or other camera, on the grey M9 is beyond me.

I'll also wait for a Leica digital with a real chrome top and bottom plate. And I'll probably put Camera Leather's Griptac on it. Which IMHO is the best covering for getting a hold on the camera.

At one time Leica need to do service on one of my M8's which included removal of the covering. I had put the griptac cover on it myself and asked if they could not reuse that coverinig to put the M8.2 covering back on (or leave it naked because I would just change the original M8 covering to the griptac) and they wanted to charge me $330.00. I said NO Thanks.

Leica wanted $330.00 to simply NOT install/apply any covering? :eek:

Regards,

Mostly I just don't care. I switched my preorder preference from gray to black because of the covering difference, but still said I'd take whichever was available fastest. If I get gray + sharkskin (which is the covering on the oh-so-perfect MP unless one goes a la carte, as well as the M9 gray and M8s), so be it.

Leica wanted $330.00 to simply NOT install/apply any covering? :eek:

Regards,

No you've misread my post. They wanted $330 for the newer, M8.2, style covering even though they had to put a new original M8 covering on it anyway. I supposed they wouldn't send it out incomplete, IE No covering.

I agree this looks quite nice, and has my preference too. I went through a similar train of thought about my M9 order....In the end however I decided that for me it is totally irrelevant and not worth wasting any more 'mental time' on. A gray M9 please and to hell with what could have been/ will be / might be.

When using my M9 it is going to be in a protective half-case almost all the time, so I see no point in worrying about what I am not going to be looking at :-) The back is almost all screen and controls anyway....The only time I will see my camera in the position of the picture above will be when I clean it and enjoy it for a bit. And the perfect place for my eye in the end will be behind the view finder- not in front of it.

Nonetheless, I perfectly understand and accept that there is a lot of beauty in this beast that stirs people's love for a perfect appearance!