Sign in to follow this  
bradhusick

Do we have to take our IR filters off our wide lenses?

I know the FAQ recommends taking off the IR filter when using a 35mm or wider lens, but does anyone have any real world experience yet with this? I would find it annoying to have to remove the filters as I switch from M8 to M9 during the day. How much of an issue is this? Thanks.

anyone?

I've been pondering the same question but have no answer. I think I read in a review somewhere that leaving the filters on had no adverse effect but I'm not sure and I can't find the reference to it anywhere now. I have an M8 and hoping that my M9 will be delivered any day now so hopefully I will know soon.

- Vikas

Unless you want to correct for cyan drift using CornerFix I would not use IR-cut filters with the M9 if the lens is any wider than a 75.

Thanks, Sean. That's different from the FAQ and I believe you.

I suggested they change it and I think they will once my tests with the filters are done.

Sean I and my friend Budi just subscribe your review. The info with or without the IR Cut filter is confirming me that my M8 can be a backup camera and leave the IR Cut filter in all of the lenses.

Thanks, I enjoy your review tremendously and recommending it to all of my friends.