"There May Be Something In Our Webcast You Still Don't Know About"

johnbuckley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude, are you serious? You think someone flew to Cuba and shot an entire campaign to forge an 80+ page product brochure? You're seriously entertaining this possibility?I admire your skeptical stamina :) Personally, I'd be flattered that they used the same flavour of post-pro as you (slightly high-key/high-pass). Nice work, btw.

Apologies, I didn't mean to suggest the work was unconvincing, just the spec seemed like an M8 with a full frame sensor. Perhaps the specs and product pictures might be fake....!

However, in the context of a major product launch, it would not be so expensive to complete such a photographic assignment in Cuba - perhaps four days with travel, one of which would be shooting. There are a lot of guys who would have done the whole trip including expenses for 5K (if the job was simply to mislead).

Anyway, thanks for the compliments.

I found the M9 brochure somewhat unconvincing - but I have nothing to substantiate that, it's just a feeling.

So, could the brochure be a red herring? I hope so.

It is indeed somewhat surprising that a the Leica micro site and the brochure leaked. So may be it was deliberately launched by Leica. I must admit that this is hard to beleive and that the odds that this is true are very, very low:mad:. BUT, it that were the case, it would be one of the greatest marketing plots ever -- and the guys in Solms will be laughing their a** off. :D. Anyway, we'll know tomorrow.

Apologies, I didn't mean to suggest the work was unconvincing, just the spec seemed like an M8 with a full frame sensor. Perhaps the specs and product pictures might be fake....!

However, in the context of a major product launch, it would not be so expensive to complete such a photographic assignment in Cuba - perhaps four days with travel, one of which would be shooting. There are a lot of guys who would have done the whole trip including expenses for 5K (if the job was simply to mislead).

Anyway, thanks for the compliments.

This could be indeed... but given that the specs are, after all, what one had to reasonably expect for a FF M9, I wonder what different thay have put into... Is there something that can make them to say, tomorrow :"AHA !!! You THOUGHT that M9 would have THAT modest specs ? Look what we have REALLY done...." :)

People seem to be not realising that the X1 has auto-focus; not sure how that fits in with M mount lenses!

I suspect that the X1 is the beginning of a new development thread for Leica.

THe X1 will not take M-mount lenses. It has a fixed lens.

Do we know of if the X1 has an M-mount or R-mount. Is it really fixed? There's no release button in the front view of the camera.

How about an X1 with a real optical viewfinder (CL-D).

Please?

It's not a pretty sight to see a grown man beg. On his knees. In the rain. Without an umbrella. Getting splash by a passing car...

Do you know something we don't?

Don't know about Jaap, but i do ;)

Hello all,

As I look at the brochure, I have to wonder about the layout on the lens page. There are odd gaps between the 24s and the 75s. Is this a hint--to be filled in with the final layout?

That's the gutter so when it's actually printed a lens image or text doesn't get squished.