Sign in to follow this  
Ozkar

M9 - Even Ken Rockwell is getting one !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...Bash his views and you're no different from him bashing yours....

Just telling the truth that he did a review on a body he did not test in any way.

Edited by lct

Guest roey
Hard to believe. Look at this by example:

Look at the opposing corner (bottom left).

...Ken Rockwell, like everybody else, hasn't actually got an M9 in hand...

I cannot agree here. Serious reviewers do have that body in hand. You'll see it very soon in their reviews.

Hehe yes but his first pic let me think that he could have seen the M9 in person so he got me trapped quite easily.

Now this very pic is not in the Leica brochure if memory serves so how did he find it out?

I'm all jetlagged and not 100% here but, trust me, this is just a hack PhotoShop job (the shutter dial is from the M7 and the cover is definitely not the one from the black M9)... What he has here is more of a FrankenM9.

Cheers,

I'd agree. He's entitled to his opinion, regardless of whether anyone subscribes to it or not. Bash his views and you're no different from him bashing yours. At least he could be bothered to put in the time, labor and money to do it properly. Some of his reviews, especially the lenses and ultra wide angle topics, do contain nuggets that some people, including me, have benefited from. And they're free!

The thing I like about Ken is that he is a camera enthusiast through and through. Yes, he is opinionated. And with any opinion some will agree and some will not. But he doesn't take himself too seriously and nor should we. He presents his perspective in a light hearted manner and, sometimes, he reveals an insight or two that even the professional reviewers, like DPReview, completely miss. I learnt more about video limitations with the Olympus EP1 from Ken's review than from all the pro reviews put together.

I can appreciate that this review may P off the M8 contingent. He really went out of his way to bag half frame. So be it. If half frame works for you then all power to you. But like many, I agree with Ken. I paid good money for my Leica glass and have never been satisfied to accept half crop. And like Ken, I believe the M9 will be a winner!

...I can appreciate that this review may P off the M8 contingent...

Which review? Review of a brochure with a fake photograph? I don't like the M8 BTW so i'm totally impartial.

Edited by lct

Apropos KR's reviewing of cameras other than C, N, and his M7, the following ancient wisdom ought to, but often does not apply:

"My learned profession I'll never disgrace

By taking a fee with a grin on my face

When I haven't been there to attend to the case.

Said I to myself, said I."

--WS Gilbert.

I don't know who he is, but I'm having problems with this preview, (if that's what it is): "Built-in motor drive (no thumb lever)."

Excellent, a motor to move the pixels onto the SD card ready for the next picture.

Karl.

There is a motor to cock the shutter.

With the thumb lever reference it looks to me as if he's talking about the film advance.

Karl

With the thumb lever reference it looks to me as if he's talking about the film advance...

There is one on the R-D1 as well.

Just telling the truth that he did a review on a body he did not test in any way.

And he's done at least one "review" of lens that he hadn't even seen.

I tend not to put his full name in any postings I make...No sense in driving up his search engine numbers.

hilarious. he always slated Leica gear but now slates canon & nikon glass:

"Leica optics are unchallenged. Since I started shooting Leica optics at the end of 2008, I can't bring myself to step back down to inferior SLR optics for my landscape shots"

weapons grade cretin ..... or at least thats the way he portrays himself