M9 Pricing confirmed!!

Guest Essemmlee

Guest Essemmlee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mr Leica007, recently of this forum, has definitively posted a price of £4900 over on the GetDPI forum where is received gratefully. Not sure of his source, but he certainly is.

So that's that then. All sorted now. No need for further discussion until the first M9 goes wrong.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His actual words are "Seems like, the price of Leica M9 would be £4900. But obviously I cannot divulge the source of my information."

"Seems like", is hardly definitive

Erm... that's just the price in Euros from the French leak, divided by the current exchange rate.

I could have told you that last week, if you'd asked.

Anywhere in the £4,900 - £4,999 range is where it will sit, by my guess. Leica will want to hedge the exchange rate movements between € and £ for a while.

Edited by andybarton

RockyIII - you do realize European listed prices have sales tax included (as Value Added Tax) - often up to 19%?

As mentioned - this is the usual stupidity of applying google's exchange-rate calculator freehand without understanding global economics.

Someone has listed all the "predictions" regarding the M9 (or nonexistence thereof) on another thread. I've decided to keep track of, and repost, all the "predictions" of the M9 dollar price once Leica USA revealed the actual price.

Including my own - $6,700

BTW - I have not totally accepted the €5500 (including VAT) price. It's one of those things that developed a life of its own after it appeared on one dealer's web site (no one mentions the "price subject to change" caveat on the same site).

It's altogether possible that we are in for an ugly surprise come 9/9, and the M9 may cost €6500 (VAT incl) and $8000 U.S. and £5,800 (or however the math comes out). Until Leica says what the price is, we are assuming...

But that will be a real global price, and not a poor use of currency calculations.