Sign in to follow this  
Guest Essemmlee

M9 Pricing confirmed!!

Guest New2LeicaRF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wonder what is the sales split of Leica pros vs amateurs? I would not be surprised to see it somewhere in the 10% / 90% range.

Another classification should be: "very rich" vs. "doing-okay type": but in this case it will be 90% : 10% ratio.

Edited by New2LeicaRF

did you expect it to be cheaper than the m8?

Canon manages to make better and better products and yet prices don't go up by leaps and bounds. Thank you Canon!

I find it almost comical how some of you guys fall back on accounting principles to justify a purchase that will put a nice dent on your pockets (It would have cost so many rolls of film, etc.). If you have to spend so much time doing the math to finance a $7000.00 camera body (I repeat a $7000.00 camera body) then sit back and take a deep breath. The M8 you currently own will continue to do well by you.

Hey, how about you turn off the computer and go take a walk in the woods, the beach, the city (or where-ever) alone or with your spouse/partner, friend, and take your beloved M8 with you. That's what I'm a gonna do...

Happy Labor Day!

The M8 you currently own will continue to do well by you.

21mm Fov @ f/2.8?

But yes, enjoy the day off - those who have it!

Canon manages to make better and better products and yet prices don't go up by leaps and bounds. Thank you Canon!

I find it almost comical how some of you guys fall back on accounting principles to justify a purchase that will put a nice dent on your pockets (It would have cost so many rolls of film, etc.). If you have to spend so much time doing the math to finance a $7000.00 camera body (I repeat a $7000.00 camera body) then sit back and take a deep breath. The M8 you currently own will continue to do well by you.

Hey, how about you turn off the computer and go take a walk in the woods, the beach, the city (or where-ever) alone or with your spouse/partner, friend, and take your beloved M8 with you. That's what I'm a gonna do...

Happy Labor Day!

The M8? I thought you would take the M2...

Of course you are right about the M8.

On the other hand - in spite of any financial crisis and in spite of the fact, that I am not rich - if I would give up smoking, I could start a collection of Noctiluxes for the sum i spend on cigarettes in a year...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | The business case for...

Regards,

Bill

Canon manages to make better and better products and yet prices don't go up by leaps and bounds. Thank you Canon!!

The last couple of days I've been working on a lot of Canon images for uploading to a photo agency. I'm more convinced that ever that the M8 is a better camera than the 5D. Colours from the Leica are better, and the images are sharper. I'm happy to pay the Leica premium.

Guest darkstar2004
My guess: $6999 in the US. Keeping with the theme of the day.....

Hmmm... $7000US = 1949 rolls of 36 exposure Tri-X...

Well, the M8 and M8.2 are discontinued, so the choice is M9 or not M9. I think the price will reflect this.

Also, it's become almost a tradition that official Leica dealers set the price a bit lower. Because they can, whereas non-official Leica dealers doesn't have that much headroom to give discount of.

Somehow I like it, it encourages one to buy now, and buy from those dealers.

Well, the M8 and M8.2 are discontinued, so the choice is M9 or not M9...

Or the choice is new M9 or s/h M8 or M8-2. Just found out a mint M8-2 for EUR 2,145 on eBay. Not my cup of tea personally but tempting for photogs who cannot afford the M9 no?

It's your calculator, or fingers., I'm afraid Roger......

Ok, Steve et al., I see what you guys are up to. You'll have to forgive the ignorance of this Yank. We're not into the add-on intricacies of VAT, thank heavens! But have no fear, Bam Bam is bound and determined to make North America a subset of Europe.

Ok, Steve et al., I see what you guys are up to. You'll have to forgive the ignorance of this Yank. We're not into the add-on intricacies of VAT, thank heavens! But have no fear, Bam Bam is bound and determined to make North America a subset of Europe.

Boy, we really could do without the politics here, especially the gratuitous nickname.

Guest New2LeicaRF
But have no fear, Bam Bam is bound and determined to make North America a subset of Europe.

Perhaps, it's not a bad idea, particularly for the "non-Leica" class of people in your country. Perhaps they will get a decent education and health care - things that are taken for granted in Europe.

But yes, let us not bring irrelevant political references here.

Hmmm... $7000US = 1949 rolls of 36 exposure Tri-X...

But only 412 rolls of 36 exp. Kodak E100G, processed at A&I.

(Prices per B&H)

Not as bad as it sounds, especially for the Pros

Best to wait more than one year and buy a used one.

Remember, looking at history, it's likely that Leica will raise prices about that time.

... I would not expect such a strong demand for the new M9. And this is where comes the X1: Leica will try to capture a share of the demand at a lower price point rather than leaving it to Canon or Nikon.

Probably good analysis. "Not such strong demand" may also be part of the reason that the camera will apparently be available immediately on introduction--at least till the stockpile runs out.

Moderators - please change thread title to "M9 pricing as vague as ever..."

<g> Yes, it's confirmed that the M9 pricing is as vague as ever.

It's about the only M9 secret left for 9/9, right? Edited by ho_co

Remember, looking at history, it's likely that Leica will raise prices about that time.

How can Leica raise the price of used cameras, Howard?

If the M9 is good to last 1-2 years and Leica could launch the M10 in time, I guess they can be had at today's used M8 price.