MP plus 1

rob_x2004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mostly just a matter of taste, I guess...

I would take summilux 50mm 1.4 because is the only lens I have :-)

But seriously, I'm thinking that if you really want to travel light, maybe the 35 mm would provide you with a little more compact gear to carry around.

Look through your photos and determine which lens is responsible for your best pictures. Take that one. For me, it's the 50mm focal length. The 35mm is more versatile and compact, and I would miss some shots if I only had the 50mm lens, but I view photography as dealing with the close view, and the 50mm results in the best uncropped image. But 35mm would be the most versatile.

Tri-Elmar. That's exactly the situation it has been made for. So much more possibilities than with just one focal length, and still just one lens...

Andy

P.S.: It's a tri-focal, so it's not a zoomie thing :)

But, if you only had the one lens, I think there would be too many situations when the f4 max aperture would be a problem.

I'd choose my 35 'Cron ASPH.

Light, fast, focus tab makes it easy to set up...just a marvelous combo with the MP.

It's so small it can easily fit in a man's trouser pocket or jacket pocket. Imagine a Point&Shoot with the picture-making capabilities of an M!

Can't beat it.

Thanks.

Allan

Guest lykoudos

Hello Rob,

I actually became after long struggle with me that summilux 50 carries forward and annoys me afterwards that I left my 2.8/28 and the 2/90 at home. Now then I carry next time forward all three.

Kind regards

Wolfgang MP grey hammertone, 2,8/28; 1,4/50; 2/90)

But, if you only had the one lens, I think there would be too many situations when the f4 max aperture would be a problem.

James,

that's what I thought at first, too. But in actual use, it turns out you do get very far even with f4. In many situations there is a possibility to use some sort of nearby object as an ersatz-tripod (walls etc.), and if that doesn't do the trick, there is always ISO 400 film, I am amazed at how good even 400 ASA slide films are today (e.g. Fuji Provia 400F). Of course, it does depend somewhat on your shooting style and subjects, if low light shots are your main thing, f2 or even f1.4 certainly helps. For my personal shooting, the Tri-Elmar is just so versatile and I keep being amazed by the results I get with this lens.

Regards,

Andy

rob... tough question... depends on what u want...

me personally... i would go with 28 and 50....

if u push me hard to choose only one lens.. again depends on what i want to do there, but generally - 50mm...

but from the other hand.. if u think that i want to get there with some architecture or environment around me and stree-kind of photo to get in some more intimacy and involvement - then 28 :-))))) tough question man....

but true... 35 is most comfortable for most people... great lens but not in my comfort at all...

by te way, the only camera that is perfect with only one lens is rolleiflex with 80mm :-)))))