There is NO M9

Guest JasonG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My response would be

"There probably is a God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.”

Premise is different, result is the same.

This could develop into a very long thread... ;) So long as we are happy which side of the "God" fence we stand, then there's no problem, IMHO.

I know which side I stand. But that's a discussion best had in the bar.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning all,

I have to point out up-front that I didn't make any comment about the (non)existence of God(s). That question is neither for this forum nor of any particular importance. :p

As for the M9, all I am willing to accept is:

Leica Camera AG - Photography

and the possibility that something M9-ish might be announced sometime this month:

Leica Camera AG - Live Webcast on 9/9/2009

But, and it is a very big but(t), I see not a jot of suggestion on the available official platforms that the M9 will be announced, is 35mm full-frame (which is a reduced-size format anyway) or will be any of the other things being discussed ad nauseum in this forum.

Now, I'm quite sure that some interesting things will be announced on the ninth but, for now, I shall busy myself taking photographs with my perfectly adequate M8, or my even more adequate M2.

Tra

Jason

35mm full-frame (which is a reduced-size format anyway)

So not only do you live on another planet, it is still the 19th century there too :confused:

I shall busy myself taking photographs with my perfectly adequate M8, or my even more adequate M2.

Always funny to see how people who pretend to be busy taking pictures and not understanding how we can waste our time talking about the M9 still find the energy to write such messages ;)

next you'll be telling us that Santa does not exist. He does if you believe and the M9 is no different.

I hope to hell those photos were not of the M9 because using the same proud buttons and silly bottom plate removal to get at mem cards would not represent progress IMHO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gosh,

Here was I thinking that this forum was different than many others with everyone being polite and helpful in the common cause of Leica satisfaction.

Having read some of the direct attacks and insinuations that you have to have posted a considerable number of times before you are considered worthy of listening to is a very dissapointing revelation.

What was made as a factual statement has been turned and twisted by some into a direct affront on that individuals credibility - how sad.

The forum has been hijacked by excessive speculation based on rumours from people who know people who are supposedly well connected, and glimpses of a video that appears to be designed to fuel speculation even further so much so that we already have people making their own assumptions on faults!!!!!

We need to step back and wait until 9 Sep and see what Leica launch and I just hope that if there is an M9 then the speculators/rumour mongers and cynics will get back to using their cameras and stop turning a good, useful and friendly forum into an area hijacked by what ifs / why not & could have's!

I suspect I will be wrong as the same cycnics will then be posting about faults etc and I would put it to the general readership that quantity of posts does not guarantee quality and there are some who love to stir the pot and read their own name in print!

What was made as a factual statement has been turned and twisted by some into a direct affront on that individuals credibility -

Since when this is a factual statement ?

Please can we refrain from going on as if every (wo)man and her/his dog has one and has found all sorts of issues already?

Not to mention the rest of the message. And this forum is not polite. This forum is full of people who want to talk about Leica, the M8, the possible M9.

And if they want to do it so ad nauseam, where is the problem?

Nobody forces nobody to read threads they do not like.

Problem is, this forum is full of people who, just like the original poster and you, think that are in charge of what we should talk about and in what amount.

Usually, they are recent joiners, have not contributed to the forum a lot by answering questions or reporting experience.

They just try to exist by posing as teachers/mothers/moderators.

And you wonder why we are making fun of them :rolleyes:

Since when this is a factual statement ?

Not to mention the rest of the message. And this forum is not polite. This forum is full of people who want to talk about Leica, the M8, the possible M9.

And if they want to do it so ad nauseam, where is the problem?

Nobody forces nobody to read threads they do not like.

Problem is, this forum is full of people who, just like the original poster and you, think that are in charge of what we should talk about and in what amount.

Usually, they are recent joiners, have not contributed to the forum a lot by answering questions or reporting experience.

They just try to exist by posing as teachers/mothers/moderators.

And you wonder why we are making fun of them :rolleyes:

And there we have it - a perfect case of a direct attack on an individual who does not follow your train of thought and has not posted excessively.

Again, there has been "No qualitative statement" from Leica confirming the launch of an M9.

I do not in anyway wish to try and dictate what people on this forum say that is what moderators are for and if that is what you thought I said then you need to read my post again and understand it before engaging in more personal attacks. You say that this forum is not Polite - To date I have found all previous posters polite, helpful and friendly and you are the first arrogant one I have come across - shame.

I suspect you are taking umbrance because some of my comments rang true and I stand by the fact that it doesn't matter how long you have been a forum member or how many posts you have made, it is quality not quantity that matters.

I spent many years as a working Photo Journalist and used M's to compliment my SLR's - I consider myself a user not a talker but that should not infer that my lack of posts means lack of photographic knowledge or experience.

I do not in anyway wish to try and dictate what people on this forum say that is what moderators are for and if that is what you thought I said then you need to read my post again and understand it

I read this:

The forum has been hijacked by excessive speculation based on rumours from people who know people who are supposedly well connected, and glimpses of a video that appears to be designed to fuel speculation even further so much so that we already have people making their own assumptions on faults!!!!!

We need to step back and wait until 9 Sep and see what Leica launch and I just hope that if there is an M9 then the speculators/rumour mongers and cynics will get back to using their cameras and stop turning a good, useful and friendly forum into an area hijacked by what ifs / why not & could have's!

So clearly, you should read your own posts and try to understand them because you are saying one thing and its contrary.

P.S: the usual B.S. about "going back to taking pictures" is incredibly common from people who complain that people talk about Leica gear in a Leica gear dedicated forum but still find the time to come here. Still not very logical, though ;)

C'mon guys, calm down. After all, it is just a FEW days more to wait, so no need to be rude to each other. Simply accept the fact that we are all different, there are the ones which are excited about what might happen on 9/9 and speculate a lot about it on this forum, there are the ones which are excited about what might happen on 9/9 and do not speculate on this forum (like myself), and last but not least there are others which aren't even excited about what's going to happen on 9/9. Everyone to his tunes, no problem.

Andy

As far as speculation on the M9 and faults/criticism, it is a fact that I will be disappointed if if has silly proud M8 buttons and you have to remove the bottom plate to get at the mem card. I did not speculate about my response to possible features of the M9 ;)

People prepare all the time for possible eventualities. However, I decided yesterday that the M9 was far down on my list of probable outcomes and built a nuclear shelter under my house instead in preparation for a Taleban dirty bomb.

C'mon guys, calm down. After all, it is just a FEW days more to wait, so no need to be rude to each other. Simply accept the fact that we are all different, there are the ones which are excited about what might happen on 9/9 and speculate a lot about it on this forum, there are the ones which are excited about what might happen on 9/9 and do not speculate on this forum (like myself), and last but not least there are others which aren't even excited about what's going to happen on 9/9. Everyone to his tunes, no problem.

Andy

It will be no problem the day those who are not interested/excited will stop explaining to those who are how wrong they are.

Till then, at least it's fun to point their contradictions ;)

Pascal,

Without entering into a totally pointless hijck of a thread, again my post does not dictate what people should do but suggests we should get back to normality.

I see you as being controversial over anything anyone says that does not conform to your thought pattern and it is attitudes like this that prevent new members from joining rather than encouraging them

You enjoyment at the thought that Jason G could leave the forum is very much school playground.

As per the title really.

There has been no launch announcement, no "teasers" from Solms, nothing.

Please can we refrain from going on as if every (wo)man and her/his dog has one and has found all sorts of issues already?

Tra

Jason

Waiting for official announcements is boring. Speculation and M9 spotting on YouTube videos is exciting and fun. Disassembling a M8 to see if a full format sensor fits in is a big accomplishment. I appreciate and enjoy these efforts around the M9 speculation. Just let the people enjoy their time until the M9 is announced. Don't be a grinch. :)

I see you as being controversial over anything anyone says that does not conform to your thought pattern

Another logical mistake. You suppose everybody is like you. I'm not controversial with people who do not think like me.

Just with people who do not think at all but pretend to come here explaining that we should not talk about the M9 or so...

You enjoyment at the thought that Jason G could leave the forum is very much school playground.

Just trying to talk to the guy. What else can you do with someone who posts such messages?

snipped

And, my dear Pascal, remember that teasing is not a promise, as I remember from courting young ladies in my youth many decades ago.

Ah! I could counsel you that in such instances, persistence pays off! ;)