M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Too late to talk Leica into loaning you an M9 to try!, Leica can see you disrespecting digital capture in your sig block for 700 posts or so :)

1000 rolls of Kodachrome might represent the majority of the world's holdings. Kodak might buy some back from you!

Best keep your fingers crossed that the last lab doesn't shut down before you use them all up.!

Nah, it's fine and I bet I get sponsorship based on the conversations today.

And I talked to Kodak Friday, there is a lot more than 1,000 rolls out there bud, try more like 40,000-70,000.

And to the final remark, we Kodachrome users are fine until at least 12/10, that is a contractual obligation and will net Dwayne's a healthy profit and I have a professional relationship with the lab that goes back to the founding of the project in 2004.

Any other stabs at what I do?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is beginning to get a bit anal, guys.

Pretending that you can measure to within a 1mm accuracy from a YouTube video HAS to be pushing the boundaries of sanity... :)

sane people are boring :rolleyes:

guessing is fun - we are all guessing here, and we shall see on 999 what's in store and whether it's 1mm less or more:D

Nah, it's fine and I bet I get sponsorship based on the conversations today.

And I talked to Kodak Friday, there is a lot more than 1,000 rolls out there bud, try more like 40,000-70,000.

And to the final remark, we Kodachrome users are fine until at least 12/10, that is a contractual obligation and will net Dwayne's a healthy profit and I have a professional relationship with the lab that goes back to the founding of the project in 2004.

Any other stabs at what I do?

No stabs, just meant to be a light hearted joke. 1000 rolls would have to be more than the average enthusiast has tucked away, hence the joke about having the majority of holdings. My apology if you took offence, see the smilie, bud. Good for you on Dwayne's, enjoy.

OK here you go jquimby - do the same thing to this M8.2 and see what you get?

(Sorry for the poor pic it was all I could manage at short notice!)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK here you go jquimby - do the same thing to this M8.2 and see what you get?

(Sorry for the poor pic it was all I could manage at short notice!)

that won't work - you used too much wide-angle.

maybe someone should call CSI. i've seen them doing measuring-stuff like that. :D

Looks as if they has got rid of the S-mode.

It bit hard to see on the images, but to me it looks as the weel goes:

A - B - 8s - 4s - 2s - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 15 - 30 - 60 - 125 - 250 - 500 - 1000 - 2000 - 4000

I think they just moved it to the menu (see shot of menu where is says: Auto Iso...)

No stabs, just meant to be a light hearted joke. 1000 rolls would have to be more than the average enthusiast has tucked away, hence the joke about having the majority of holdings. My apology if you took offence, see the smilie, bud. Good for you on Dwayne's, enjoy.

It's all good, the internet reads weird, I am darn excited to hear what we have in store for 999 though...hoping it is a 9 that does not cost close to 9.;)

Geoff

I have gathered that now ;)

I wonder if this is the fastest developing thread ever on the forum?

Andy - interesting you would ask. This thread has more than 9000 views. Interestingly, he YouTube video has only 300 plays -- all of them from this group of Leica fanatics, no doubt!

Guest WPalank
Yep, that's the same knob. My M8u's one is identical.

Thank you Maurizio,

Can you or someone with a M8u verify that the dial also has 4s, 8s (the s is the questionable feature) as opposed to just 4,8.. like the M8 or M8.2?

With all due respect, so far most if not all participants have failed their entrance exam to Interpol/FBI scientific detective positions.

The key word was "bahnbrechende Produkte", meaning you are being shown the wrong road.

The new product will thus undoubtedly be the R 10!

looks clearly to be 8s

serial number?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MJones
add serial no.

Guest WPalank
looks clearly to be 8s

Yes,

But many are claiming it to be the shutter speed dial of a M8u. I don't have one so I can't verify. All I know is that the M8 and M8.2 do not have an "s".

Thank you Maurizio,

Can you or someone with a M8u verify that the dial also has 4s, 8s (the s is the questionable feature) as opposed to just 4,8.. like the M8 or M8.2?

Yes mine does.

I think the new dial is identical to the one used for my upgrade. See the flash synch speed. No S mode either.