M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this the one from Ashland, VA, or from another DC dealer having an event? I got the VA flier today...I like them as well as another dealer who is much closer, but unfortunately the one around the corner is not big enough to host an event. In any case, I'll probably catch the webcast first, then decide if I want to fight the traffic. (Or, I can probably learn more just by staying home and logging on here.)

Jeff

Jeff, yes, Ace Photo in Ashland. A wonderful resource, if a little far to get to. Bought my first and second M8s from them, and assorted lenses.

no wet dreams anymore

M9 in english sounds like M-nein, and we all know what this means:

no new M(9)

9/9/9, nein/nein/nein

the new camera is the CLD (CL Digital):

- micro 4/3

- 12mp

- m-mount

- iso 200-3200

- 2.2" lcd

- no uv/ir filters needed

- price range €1400-€1800 (body)

cheers

sam

Aren't you the guy who tried to play it smart in another thread about the M9 and ended making 1 logical error per sentence?

Ahh, you mean my utterly unbelievable post about Leica being about to convert R lenses to fit other brands? And pay them royalties? I expected it to be shot to pieces amidst gales of laughter, just like this one should be.

This is about us all amusing ourselves, wanting something and hoping to get it, creating an image of what we think Leica might do ... whether there is an M9 or not on the 9th of September doesn't really matter, does it? This is a recreational activity, that's all.

And to go back to your comment, perhaps logic has no place in humour ... :)

is the top plate of the camera in the video thicker/thinner than M8 ? [photos attached.]

Can the owners and users of M8 guesstimate?

or, what is the length of the entire flash hotshoe - tell us and we might be able to digitally calculate the thickness of the top plate.

If the hotshoe is of the same length as Leica MP = 16mm , then my guestimate [via CS4 analysis tool] = the top-plate is in between 31-33 mm. (there can be error).

Now M8 as I gather from the internet was 36.9mm.

in that case the new one is thinner.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by leica007

Advertisement (gone after registration)

jquimby has beaten me in posting the results - but we are very close in our findings/guesstimate.

my first pix and the second one show different measurements on CS4 - the first one is around 33mm and the second (one with dial) - 33.78mm [corrected].

jquimby - did you notice the same?

Edited by leica007

Like this-

jquimby has beaten me in posting the results - but we are very close in our findings/guesstimate.

my first pix and the second one show different measurements on CS4 - the first one is around 33mm and the second (one with dial) - 31mm.

These measurements are all very well, but no one has yet answered the most important question - does it have a red dot or a black one? :rolleyes::D:D:D

my first pix and the second one show different measurements on CS4 - the first one is around 33mm and the second (one with dial) - 31mm.

I didn't use that image for the measurement (pic 2)

Look at the hot shoes from both of your images, they are different. Looking at the track on the right side the left portion is notched in one pic then not in the other... maybe we have multiple prototypes or maybe we are getting two new rangefinders?

another one - this one measures 33.78mm.

so we can now safely guess [not conclude!] that the top plate measures 33-34mm.

Edited by leica007

Sorry, photo-interpreters - those top views are indentical to my M8 in terms of part placement and relative dimensions: location of the shutter index mark, angle at the back of the hot shoe (accentuated by video blur in the left-hand snap), proportions of the hot shoe depth to the total body depth.

None of which is surprising, since there are min. and max. depths the body can be and still hold an LCD back-to-back with a sensor, and also allow infinity focus with M lenses.

The only real differences are the missing circular LCD for exposure counting, the step at the "rewind" end, and the shutter dial engravings.

If the hotshoe is of the same length as Leica MP = 16mm , then my guestimate [via CS4 analysis tool] = the top-plate is in between 31-33 mm. (there can be error).

Now M8 as I gather form the internet was 36.9mm.

in that case the new one is thinner.

My M2, measures about 32.5mm, excluding the viewfinder surround.

If that helps...

Explain why this is different from an M8...

Andy I presume these are carefully orchestrated peeks as part of the launch.

You can see a new top plate shape and colour, the shutter speed range like upgraded M8 with 1/4000th and no S mode

Dedicated 'ISO' button instead of 'Protect'

new menu arrangement including different lens detection setting (auto)