M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

Guest WPalank

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, guys, I don't know what you think (including Andreas and moderators) but IMHO I think Leica could have had the delicacy of providing us (LUF) also the video on Vimeo and YouTube.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Art,

I'm not sure what you mean. In your User CP when you originally signed up for the Forum did you check the box that said you didn't want to receive e-mails form the LUF or Leica?

I woke up to about 3 e-mails from Leica and the LUF this morning. That never happens. Or check your Spam folder.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks as if they has got rid of the S-mode.

It bit hard to see on the images, but to me it looks as the weel goes:

A - B - 8s - 4s - 2s - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 15 - 30 - 60 - 125 - 250 - 500 - 1000 - 2000 - 4000

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How can they support such huge broadcast? This is not Apple with the enormous datacenters... so, how do they do it? I wonder.

Also: Does it look to you that they have radically changed the VF?

Doesn't the link on their homepage indicate they're using Vimeo?

Jeff.

I received a Leica newsletter. The link is to the invite is coded...

Coded - meaning? I am yet to get any such 'code':mad: c'mn Leica, send me a code, or better still, a demo piece.

Swamiji, do you know where is it taking place in London?

Please pm me if it's that confidential.;)

Guest WPalank
You don't think an announcement on 9/9/09 at 9am has any significance? :confused:

Rumor has it the press conference will actually begin at 9 minutes after 9. Also, the Time Warner Building is very close to 9th Ave.

2 pm in London. But does anyone know where in London Leica will hold the press conference and strut their stuff? how does one get an invite?

I am free on 9/9/9.

The webcast is at 2pm in London. It doesn't mean that there is a physical press conference in London.

Try calling RedDot or Whites in the morning to see what they are doing. If I were them, I'd have a computer broadcasting the webcast on the counter.

Wonder if they will offer upgrades for existing M8 owners... that would be fairly helpful to those who spent £££ on their kit.

well no one does - forget about canon, nikon, sony, even the mega buck phase one and hasselblad generally don't offer such a deal. why expect leica to do so?

Coded - meaning? I am yet to get any such 'code':mad: c'mn Leica, send me a code, or better still, a demo piece.

I think that he means that the video was available via the Newsletter. FWIW, I haven't received my Leica Newsletter either.

Am I the only one that's been invited to the champagne reception with Brad Pitt, Seal and Victoria Beckham, at the new Leica store in London on the 9th ? :confused:

p.s. for 'others' you can register on the Leica website for access to the webcasts

HI James

I'll be there - they've laid on concorde to bring me back from chora sfakia for a couple of hours (and then back again afterwards).

The webcast is at 2pm in London. It doesn't mean that there is a physical press conference in London.

Try calling RedDot or Whites in the morning to see what they are doing. If I were them, I'd have a computer broadcasting the webcast on the counter.

seems like they will have hands on demo in the US. so, why not in the UK? :o hopefully, it's not such a tiny market for leica.

the webcast on my desk has been arranged - along with pop corn and beer/coffee - no need to venture outside in the busy streets of London. :D

"Patience, Grasshopper" ;)

I am sure that someone in London will have one for you to play with before the week is out. Don't forget, they will be under NDAs until 15:00 BST, so would only have a couple of hours of shop-time to present to the hoards.

It makes much more sense to have a full day of drooling at the weekend following, so as many people as possible can covet.

Oh boy, I'm really looking forward to the announcement. But then, 9 Megapixels isn't really state of the art, nowadays. And 9,999 pounds is also quite a bit of money. I guess, I'll rather wait for the M10.

As far as I know, they'll announce it on 10/10/10 -> Only 396 days from today. Let's all count down to 10-10-10. Which - by the way -is binary and stands for "42". If that's not signficant, what is?

Cheers

Frank

Ps. Anyone intersted in 9 rolls of Delta 3200?