M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At 54" an ISO button is clearly visible. But look closely at the eyepiece which is also just visible. To me it looks larger and higher than the M8 eyepiece, with a little cross-head screw at 3 o'clock. Maybe this is to allow an enlarged front window to get 0.72 finder magnification, or even a better view for us four-eyes - or just conceivably a new R/V/F.

Here's what I find most interesting. Notice at second 57 - the angle on the body at upper left. I think this IS indeed the real deal!

-Ron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I realized when I saw the video this morning the displayed "Menu" is not the same.

The options are not the same and placed differently.

Besides, it can't be a M8.2 because nothing is written on the flash shoe and it can't be a normal M8 either because of the black painting.

I assumed then it was the M9

Here's what I find most interesting. Notice at second 57 - the angle on the body at upper left. I think this IS indeed the real deal!

-Ron

You are right. There is a small "step" there... You can see it clearly at 0:58.

¿M8.3?

Leica thinks it's like Apple now with all the teasers and secrets.

In any event, I sure the guys at the marketing department have a blast watching us discussing clues in their video. :D Whoever, designed their strategy; chapeau!

3 stills from the same shot

draw your conclusions...

cheers

sam

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think the body is a bit higher on the VF side to accomodate a larger VF window, which would probably mean 24 framelines.

Possibly but I suspect that's just wishful thinking on behalf of those who have recently bought the new Summilux.;) Personally, I think a bigger VF window (if true) would be to just get back to comfortable 28mm frames with a 0.72x magnification. There have been rumours that the M9 is physically thicker than the (already bloated) M8 and a larger VF window (to counter the 'tunnel' effect) would be consistent with this.

Incidentally, the shutter speed dial in the screen shot above suggests that the M9 will have an 8sec setting in place of the much derided S(hithead) mode.

Edited by wattsy