Sign in to follow this  
stevem7

M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

Lens Detection: Auto....

See the screenshot of the menu

Does that mean there will be a manual lens option!!!!! (with firmware upgrade for M8.x!!!)

Edited by mboerma

At 54" an ISO button is clearly visible. But look closely at the eyepiece which is also just visible. To me it looks larger and higher than the M8 eyepiece, with a little cross-head screw at 3 o'clock. Maybe this is to allow an enlarged front window to get 0.72 finder magnification, or even a better view for us four-eyes - or just conceivably a new R/V/F.

I don't think this is about the M9...

... but people seems to be obsessed...

Just checked it against my 8.2 and it looks taller - the distance between the top of the LCD moulding and the bottom of the eyepiece is more on the M9.

My guess is the viewfinder window is bigger. - and that the camera is also 5 or 6mm taller.

Here's what I find most interesting. Notice at second 57 - the angle on the body at upper left. I think this IS indeed the real deal!

-Ron

I don't think this is about the M9...

... but people seems to be obsessed...

This is not the M8 as we know it...

Thicker perhaps? I can no longer see what I thought was a glimpse of 'M9' but the top plate and ISO button certainly seem to be different, and perhaps the viewfinder rear too?

I realized when I saw the video this morning the displayed "Menu" is not the same.

The options are not the same and placed differently.

Besides, it can't be a M8.2 because nothing is written on the flash shoe and it can't be a normal M8 either because of the black painting.

I assumed then it was the M9

It's there - pause it at 54 seconds and watch - they're playing with us :-)) - no doubt about it :-)

Leica thinks it's like Apple now with all the teasers and secrets.

If Leica can get the same level of marketing and turn it into profit like Apple does, then it's fine by me.

Better than being like Contax owners.

Here's what I find most interesting. Notice at second 57 - the angle on the body at upper left. I think this IS indeed the real deal!

-Ron

You are right. There is a small "step" there... You can see it clearly at 0:58.

¿M8.3?

I think the body is a bit higher on the VF side to accomodate a larger VF window, which would probably mean 24 framelines.

In any event, I sure the guys at the marketing department have a blast watching us discussing clues in their video.

Whoever, designed their strategy; chapeau!

I think the body is a bit higher on the VF side to accomodate a larger VF window, which would probably mean 24 framelines.

Possibly but I suspect that's just wishful thinking on behalf of those who have recently bought the new Summilux.

Personally, I think a bigger VF window (if true) would be to just get back to comfortable 28mm frames with a 0.72x magnification. There have been rumours that the M9 is physically thicker than the (already bloated) M8 and a larger VF window (to counter the 'tunnel' effect) would be consistent with this.

Incidentally, the shutter speed dial in the screen shot above suggests that the M9 will have an 8sec setting in place of the much derided S(hithead) mode.

Edited by wattsy