M9 spotted in Leica Youtube Video...

stevem7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think our friend has it nailed earlier in the thread - the front of the M9 is on full view badged up as an M8...

I actually don't think so. I haven't whipped out the digital calipers, but looking at my M8 from the same angle, and moving it so the reflection removes the silver lines top and bottom, I think the viewfinder is the exact same size.

(I can't believe I just did that...)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think our friend has it nailed earlier in the thread - the front of the M9 is on full view badged up as an M8...

Are you sure the new M camera is a 24x36mm M9 model?

Think on a revised M8 with x1,33 crop. Updated electronics, new sensor and other improvements. In any case, I am not sure that viewfinder is larger than the current one.

Edited by rosuna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Are you sure the new M camera is a 24x36mm M9 model?

Think on a revised M8 with x1,33 crop. ....

I am sure many people at Solms and surroundings are following this and some other threads here. And for each user who posts rumours like this, they put a red dot on their list, and will sell him exactly what he describes here. For the same price and without any update option. They are very just people. :cool:

I am sure many people at Solms and surroundings are following this and some other threads here. And for each user who posts rumours like this, they put a red dot on their list, and will sell him exactly what he describes here. For the same price and without any update option. They are very just people. :cool:

You are absolutely right, They call it "A la carte" LOL

Please correct me, if this has been mentioned before:

In sec. 36 of the video, the FRONT of the new camera (engraved as an M8!) can be seen in my opinion.

Most interesting features are - as compared with the M8/M8.2 as we know it:

All the proportions and distances of the front elements have changed, among them...

- The top is much higher (all along its width)

- The viewfinder window is much bigger/higher

- The rangefinder base could be greater (M8 engraving closer to edge, small window closer to M8 engraving)?,

- The step below the viewfinder window is greater (with the result that the window and the silver ring of the bayonet protruding from the body are in register; this probably allows for a 0.72x magnification of the viewfinder [the 0.68x of the M8/M8.2 probably resulted from the protruding bayonet ring without adapting the position of the viewfinder window])

Telyt2003

Isn't the strap support ring somehow lower than the actual on the M8?

Just a guess.

Well this is fun. Never was a couple of seconds of video analyzed so closely:)

The frame you posted is not the same camera. It is a black M8. You can see the different top plate of the new camera in other shots (notice the small step down on the left side (from rear).

Please correct me, if this has been mentioned before:

In sec. 36 of the video, the FRONT of the new camera (engraved as an M8!) can be seen in my opinion.

Most interesting features are - as compared with the M8/M8.2 as we know it:

All the proportions and distances of the front elements have changed, among them...

- The top is much higher (all along its width)

- The viewfinder window is much bigger/higher

- The rangefinder base could be greater (M8 engraving closer to edge, small window closer to M8 engraving)?,

- The step below the viewfinder window is greater (with the result that the window and the silver ring of the bayonet protruding from the body are in register; this probably allows for a 0.72x magnification of the viewfinder [the 0.68x of the M8/M8.2 probably resulted from the protruding bayonet ring without adapting the position of the viewfinder window])

Telyt2003

Oh guys, this kind of investigations need a brand new TV series...

They will try everything... time for some luminol??:D:D:D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!