OK, I'm Back!

marknorton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Imaginary and complex numbers are just as real as "real' numbers, maybe more so. The same applies to Mark's imaginary departure, this would have been bad news and I am happy that things seem to be resolved.

Does this mean that Schrodinger was correct? (Not that Mark resembles a cat.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imaginary and complex numbers are just as real as "real' numbers, maybe more so. The same applies to Mark's imaginary departure, this would have been bad news and I am happy that things seem to be resolved.

He's not only real, he's prime and an integral part of the group.;)

Does this mean that Schrodinger was correct? (Not that Mark resembles a cat.)
Schrodinger's cat is semi dead and has been so for a long time now. However we cannot be very exact on the date of its demise, and the location is still not clear.

Schrodinger's cat is semi dead and has been so for a long time now. However we cannot be very exact on the date of its demise, and the location is still not clear.
Its speed is defined ,though...

I am glad to see this matter has come to peace. I wanted to post my humble comment on 'the other thread' but it had been locked already...

Mark is, as repeatedly mentioned, one of the most valuable members here and it would have been a significant loss.

Mark - thanks for staying with us!

cheers

mashu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Indeed Mark, Welcome back. Your reasoned contributions would have been missed and your dissections are without equal. I haven't followed the initial blow up but I am glad that everyone saw reason and that all has settled down.

Cheers

Howard (sometimes in Hong Kong but today on a Gulf Island off Vancouver B.C. Canada)

I find one adjective in my post: "lame" as the modifier to "explanation".

Of course since English is not my native tongue I could be totally wrong what the word "adjective" means, so please correct me as to avoid the excesses in the future.

Piotr

Nugat, in your last post you are quite correct. I, a native speaker, got it wrong when I said "adjective". What I was referring to was your use of " cop, judge , executioner and the perpetrator...". The correct terminology to use in the situation is Moderator, which is not equitable to the collective you applied. That was my objection.

I think Erl meant an excessive use of nouns (but I think you probably guessed that anyway;)).

Correct. I could plead that my first language is "Australian" rather than Engish, but that would be 'lame'. :D

Statement from all the Mods (but delivered by me)

"It is acknowledged that everyone is pleased that Mark has returned after a hiccup in communications. The thread is now in danger of derailment and it has been agreed therefore to close the thread."