So, it's Goodnight from Him...

marknorton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to write that the German Forum sent a newsletter to users in which they called for special attention to Mark Norton's thread about the problems of a FF-Sensor in the M8-body. This was a good gesture to show how a contribution of quality in this forum could look like (the german forum is running short of examples like this).

Then I read what Andy said, and I think nothing more has to be said.

Andy, thank you for providing some much needed clarity so promptly.

I sincerely hope that the moderator who took this entirely inappropriate action reflects and realises the trouble he has caused. Mark and I have had our run-ins in the past, but I would never - never - doubt his commitment to the brand or to the forum.

Regards,

Bill

Well, since the moderators no doubt read threads like this, and at the risk of being flagged myself: what nonsense this is. Mark is a principle reason for coming to the L.Camera Forum.

To Mark: don't disengage. This place needs you. JB

Well said, John. Agree 100% with your sentiment.....(well 99% as you should have said Mark is one of the principal reasons for coming to the forum....but when did I learn to be a pedant!).

Edited by bill_murray

I have just sent PMs to both Mark, Andreas and the Moderator that sent the PM to which Mark refers above.

I would hope that the language used by that moderator is looked at. I have seen nothing on this forum which would have justified that. There are many people around here whose posts invite a firm hand, but the slight grumpiness displayed by Mark on occasion, which I share, btw, has not deserved a reply in that manner.

Well said, John. Agree 100% with your sentiment.....(well 99% as you should have said Mark is one of the principal reasons for coming to the forum....but when did I learn to be a pedant!).

Bill - I changed the spelling in the post. I make that mistake (principle/principal) every time, including once having had to take back a resume I'd dropped off at someone's office, and replacing it with one in which principAL was spelled correctly!

Good idea to send PM's to the moderators!

"sitting on the outside looking in" depend on where the inside is!

My son used to do the same when he was 4 years old. When he knew that he made something wrong, he used to lock himself in his room, to punish "us".

I have just sent PMs to both Mark, Andreas and the Moderator that sent the PM to which Mark refers above.

I would hope that the PMs remain just that, but suffice to say that, IMHO, Mark's contribution to this forum has been absolutely second to none. He has been generous of his time, his knowledge and, let's face it, his cameras :), and I trust that he has the good grace put this down to someone having a bad day.

Moderation isn't easy, everyone is human, and we all make mistakes. I know that I have bad days as a Moderator (and you know it too ;) ). I sincerely believe that a mistake was made in that PM to Mark today, and I hope that he can move on in that knowledge.

Thanks

Edited by odyocu

Mark's previous posts were clearly using way too much bandwidth & capacity, I thought that was the reason they upgraded the servers today :D

Anyway, in addition to the timely apologies from Andy it would actually be useful if the moderators sorted out how this could have occured. I cannot recall seeing anything from Mark that would merit an expulsion/warning.

Steve - if that's the case - and especially if the gentleman in question complained, then (as they say) we're all doomed...

I gave the guy a quick response - it didn't seem like a stupid question, and I'm a patient soul, and others were a bit less warm, reckoning that he should have been able to sort things out for himself with a bit of research. As it ended there was a bizarre flouncing and stamping of feet from the newcomer, and maybe he even complained to Andreas. If that's the case, then bad cess to him I say, and come home Mark - there's nothing to forgive!

:mad:

As the OP yesterday I am not that childish as to complain. I thought that everything was cool after yesterday. I wish Mark no will at all. As far as I am concerned it is forgotten. A school yard spat. Sorry Mark.

Crazy attitude IMO to an innocent albeit abrupt remark.

Amazing how some posters can get away with stirring things up and trolling the same old rant over and over again, using heaps of server space without so much as a buy or leave....I think we all know who I'm talking about.

We were all looking forward to the Haynes Manual style reports on the M9 and S2 - hope you think again Mark.

Once again - my cliche - This forum is very Kafka-esque. I suggest you accept the random, senseless and incomprehensible actions of the moderators. They are the Gods within this little Olympus and who said Gods have to make sense or do the right thing?

Perhaps it is time to create or find another forum that is little more flexible and not run with an iron fist.

Perhaps it is time to create or find another forum that is little more flexible and not run with an iron fist.

Iron fist? That's a description I don't recognise. It's one of the most lightly moded forums I've come across. Sure, people sometimes make mistakes, but that's what people do.

The light moderation is something which I sometimes regret recently, as the noise here has increased a lot in recent times, but in the light of this light moderation, it is even more incomprehensible how someone who has contributed as much as Mark could have merited a response of this nature, especially with the words chosen. Given 5 minutes, I could come up with a dozen people who deserve it more.

For me Mark Norton is one of the members of this forum who has always very interesting post. He is always very helpful and he gave us the possibility to see our M8 from inside.

So Mark don't go, please and if you go. let us know in which forum we can read your post.