So, it's Goodnight from Him...

marknorton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Personal Message from one of the "Moderators" today:

You've been on the short leash for longer than anyone I can remember on the forum. If you don't start showing a more constructive attitude in your posts you will be sitting on the outside looking in before long.

Just a friendly warning that everyone is getting tired of your act.

Nothing lasts for ever, time for me to move on. Enjoy the M9, I know I'm going to.

Ciao!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What incredible nonsense is this?

Look at Mark´s technical posts, most recently his analysis of the FF ability of the present M8 build. Etc, etc, etc....

His contributions to this forum have been stellar!

"Just a friendly warning that everyone is getting tired of your act".....????? I´m not, so please stop trying to talk on ny behalf!

What I AM getting tired of is this forum´s strange and unpredictable treatment of accomplished contributors. A while ago it was Mitch Alland; now it´s Mark.

Honestly, I´m getting very much fed up by this!!!

What??? Are you sure it isn't a mistake? I've got about 20 people on my ignore list because of their consistent negative attitudes and minimal signal-to-noise ratio, but I would be exceedingly hard pressed to think of anyone more useful or informative to the forum than you. I cannot remember a single post which I thought was out of hand from you. A few grumpy ones perhaps, but nothing to compare with the vast majority of the posters around here.

If this is really not a mistake, I think this discussion should be brought out in the open and examined. If no proper answer is given, I will also be leaving.

I can recommend getdpi.com as a nice forum. Sure, there are arguments and such, but it is quite cozy in general.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is ridiculous - Mark, if you're kicked out the the moderators really need their heads examined. Id there a way for members to remonstrate politely but firmly....

When I think of some of the idiocies that have been floating around on the forum over the last week or so (CEOs etc) - mention no names - I cannot believe that you should be treated so shabbily. How do we contact the moderators directly to voice our concern?

:eek: :eek:

This is like those school boards that bust a 5-year-old for bringing a rubber knife to show-and-tell.

(Not that Mark's a 5-year-old!)

To the moderator in question: "Don't Be F&$#(@g Stoopid!"

Mark--I'm shocked, and this is totally absurd...utterly and totally and completely absurd!!

Is this some kind of kafka-esque fallout from your mild (and TBH, completely helpful) suggestion that someone without a basic knowledge of how a manual camera works might carefully consider whether or not an M is for them?!

Geez!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm *sure* this is a mistake. The other day, with all the server weirdness, I ended up posting something I never said... IOW--crossed wires but the server ate all that stuff that day.

Maybe it's a strange joke or something?

If not, mods, please apologize or explain with all due haste!

Edited by Jamie Roberts

I cannot believe that Mark is being censured. Moderator, please show some sense here!

We all make the odd comment that may upset someone, myself included. That is all part of being human, and will happen in any group.

Mark is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people here. I sincerely hope this is just a mistake.

For those who may remember a certain slogan of the 1970's "Mark Norton IS innocent!" (And I don't mean Bill Stickers either.)

From reading Mark's post, I interpret that he's leaving the forum of his own volition. I know he can be a little abrasive at times, but we've had members in the past who were totally abusive, had nothing constructive to offer and still managed to hang on.

In the L-Camera Newsletter of 24 Aug, Andreas wrote, under the title 'Interesting Forum Read': 'Mark Norton who already showed us the "Anatomy of a Leica M8" did it again. In his special way he tried to answer the question if a full format sensor would fit into a Leica M8'.

If that is not an endorsement?

---------------------

Frans

I can only assume people complained about yesterday's response to a new member asking for information about the M8.

There have been run ins with an armchair CEO, but if that were the cause there'd be a queue of us waiting to pick up out coats at the cloakroom.

Mark can be blunt from time to time - and doesn't suffer fools lightly, he's not alone in that. We've had our disagreements in the past, but Mark's contributed a lot to the forum.

Edited by stunsworth

I can only assume people complained about yesterday's response to a new member asking for information about the M8.

Steve - if that's the case - and especially if the gentleman in question complained, then (as they say) we're all doomed...

I gave the guy a quick response - it didn't seem like a stupid question, and I'm a patient soul, and others were a bit less warm, reckoning that he should have been able to sort things out for himself with a bit of research. As it ended there was a bizarre flouncing and stamping of feet from the newcomer, and maybe he even complained to Andreas. If that's the case, then bad cess to him I say, and come home Mark - there's nothing to forgive!

:mad: