So, it's Goodnight from Him...

marknorton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm wondering, do we all have report cards? Looks like I'll be in trouble again soon too then. Time to adopt a more constructive attitude ... or it'll be time for a trip to the office. :rolleyes:

Edited by gwelland

Unless you're not who we think you are Mark, surely a mistake? Hasn't Andreas has moved the forum onto a new server recently, could it be a message meant for someone else? Inexplicable otherwise.

Come on Mods, what's going on? Let's have this out in the open.

Steve - if that's the case - and especially if the gentleman in question complained, then (as they say) we're all doomed...

I don't know if anyone complained, but Mark's response has been deleted and replaced with the text 'Mark, you have mail'

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, since the moderators no doubt read threads like this, and at the risk of being flagged myself: what nonsense this is. Mark is a principal reason for coming to the L.Camera Forum.

To Mark: don't disengage. This place needs you. JB

Edited by johnbuckley
Misspelled word.

Quick, before the mods close this thread...

Asking questions at this forum is an appropriate way of "doing research on the web", so let's cut the newbies a little slack even for obvious questions.

That being said, the mods need to consider overall contributions to the forum, and not knee-jerk to a single post. At most, drop Mark a PM regarding specific wording and attitude, not a "nuclear option", for Pete's Sake!

More constructive attitude???

Perhaps someone is tired of Mark's destructive anatomy threads. :(

Simon,

Maybe Mark broke an NDA with Leica when he posted his full-frame M9 mockup thread. ;-)

Larry

So, I'm wondering, do we all have report cards? Looks like I'll be in trouble again soon too then. Time to adopt a more constructive attitude ... or it'll be time for a trip to the office. :rolleyes:

I hope none of the moderators are French! :o

I don't know if anyone complained, but Mark's response has been deleted and replaced with the text 'Mark, you have mail'

I don't read 99% of the threads in the M8 forum, but what's this one? ... now I'm being baited. :)

This is ridiculous, I don't even post here, but I read a lot. I've been a member of many forums over the years, many a moderator has had something personal with a member here or there, but never has such a valued, constructive forum poster like Mark been dismissed in my experience. A shocking loss for this forum and a damning insight for the moderators around here (if it's true). Honestly I'm at a loss to comprehend this one, few people add as much value here as Mark. Utterly ridiculous.

I've taken another look at the thread in question. Mark was conciliatory in his next post (53) having realised that the OP hadn't actually bought an M8, and a post (58) from another member was worse than Mark's original to the extent that someone else pointed it out. Bizarre.

Edited by stevelap

I don't think anyone - least of all the man himself - would claim Mark is always the most equable and scrupulously civil of the regular posters, and perhaps he spends too much time in a Porsche ... but I can't imagine why he should be singled out for a "short leash" even if contributions as important as his Anatomy threads count for nothing.

Mark, have you been letting the air out of the moderators' tyres or drawing rude words in the dust on their cars?

I have just sent PMs to both Mark, Andreas and the Moderator that sent the PM to which Mark refers above.

I would hope that the PMs remain just that, but suffice to say that, IMHO, Mark's contribution to this forum has been absolutely second to none. He has been generous of his time, his knowledge and, let's face it, his cameras :), and I trust that he has the good grace put this down to someone having a bad day.

Moderation isn't easy, everyone is human, and we all make mistakes. I know that I have bad days as a Moderator (and you know it too ;) ). I sincerely believe that a mistake was made in that PM to Mark today, and I hope that he can move on in that knowledge.

Thanks