So, it's Goodnight from Him...

marknorton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am moderating on a forum reserved for the physicians of the public hospitals.

It is a difficult job and a responsibility because the forum is read by thousands of practitioners in France.

But it is very rare that we must intervene to exclude somebody because everything takes place wonderfully well.

I understand that there are frictions or dissensions but when somebody as Mark Norton sends us messages with the intention of learning us or giving us with useful information to all, it would be an error to send him this type of comments which according to me is not very clever and fairplay !

Good night

Edited by Doc Henry

Wow! What an interesting moderator's PM to Mark (I can't think of anyone who has contributed more to the M8 forum than Mark). I believe Mark's crusade convinced Leica to give us the highly discussed shutter cocking delay as a firmware upgrade. He has been a solid contributor to the M8 forum in my view.

That said, thanks to Andy we should all move on and encourage Mark to continue to contribute to this forum. His recent M9 mock-up was a great read and it has gained world-wide attention.

Best regards to all, Terry.

Edited by terrycioni

1. Mark made a remark that could have been, and was, interpreted as rude to a newcomer.

2. A forum member complained to me that Mark was being rude to a newcomer who wanted help with a camera choice...a Leica camera, of all things.

3. Mark received a message of upbraid from myself, based on the remark and my recollection of Mark's first months on the forum.

4. A great number of people whom I respect called my action into question, explained why they felt it was inappropriate, suggested an apology be made; and it was made.

5. Mods here are not boors, cudgels, clots, communists, devils or angels...they just want a civil place to collect after a long day to share some fun and some photos. To that end, when someone complains about another member's conduct most of us who moderate will respond to the best of our ability to remedy the matter.

6. Mark is certainly welcome here. He knows this. He can choose to forgive and forget. Or not.

7. This thread has run its course and is closed.