Does anybody know why the M9 will be launched first in France ?

Guest Olof

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

French folks are not known for good at keeping secret, it's probably because the leak started in Paris. In that sense it was announced in France. :)

I always thought that it was Albion (us lot) that was thought to be perfidious - isn't it the republican French who overthrew a corrupt monarchy, gave the US it's Statue of Liberty, and have upheld public virtue alongside liberty, equality and fraternity, whilst always drinking fine wine and wearing haute couture. The nation to trust, surely :p

I always thought that it was Albion (us lot) that was thought to be perfidious - isn't it the republican French who overthrew a corrupt monarchy, gave the US it's Statue of Liberty, and have upheld public virtue alongside liberty, equality and fraternity, whilst always drinking fine wine and wearing haute couture. The nation to trust, surely :p

Absolutely . . . although apparently not with secrets :)

Guest BigSplash
Any ideas Frank?

My UK dealer told me that the rumour is that a Leica employee in France told a dealer too much and then went on his holidays.....that employee is apparently now no longer with the company it is rumoured. The dealer posted info on the web site and then promptly took it down.

My understanding is that in Uk there will be a company announcement on 09/09/09 and dealers will show whatever on 10/09/09. In Austria I believe that Wesetrlicht has a day on 09/09/09...In France I have no idea what is planned but I suspect the place to be on 09/09/09 is near the Bastille where all those Leica shops are.

My UK dealer told me that the rumour is that a Leica employee in France told a dealer too much and then went on his holidays.....that employee is apparently now no longer with the company it is rumoured. The dealer posted info on the web site and then promptly took it down.

My understanding is that in Uk there will be a company announcement on 09/09/09 and dealers will show whatever on 10/09/09. In Austria I believe that Wesetrlicht has a day on 09/09/09...In France I have no idea what is planned but I suspect the place to be on 09/09/09 is near the Bastille where all those Leica shops are.

I thought your dealer and Leica UK told you it was all nonsense?:confused::rolleyes:

Is 9/9/09 going to be the release day or news conference?

Given that Leica haven't said anything who knows? However what has been said on the forum is that there will be an announcement on the 9th, dealers will have details on the 10th, and the camera will ship shortly afterwards.

Of course there's nothing to prevent Leica from saying nothing on the 9th.

Guest guy_mancuso

Who said it will be launched at all. Man these NDA's and dealers need to keep their mouths shut for one. Not that I really care but I honestly think this whole M9 is a mess on how it is being handled and people speaking when they are not supposed to be and dealers taking orders on non announced products. Sorry call me any name you want but this is supposed to be confidently company information that no one is really supposed to be talking about and the folks behind the scenes really need to keep it behind the scenes. I don't have a NDA on this project but I have in the past with leica and I don't know call me a prude but I know more about this project than I am supposed too.

I don't now maybe I'm nuts but what is the point of the NDA's and telling dealers to keep this confidently when there taking pre-orders from people. Seriously if I was a dealer I would not be taking pre-orders on unannounced anything and no offense but take it anyway those that are should really consider there reputations if this thing falls through the cracks. Okay I said my peace and anyone that does NOT agree than I really could give a rats arsh.

Now having said all that I am very close to Leica and their executive levels and I have my own forum with Leica stuff, I get support from Leica on my workshops and I have beta tested on several projects. I don't have a NDA on this since I am not shooting M right now but man is the shit flying around like a freaking virus.

SOMEONE had to say this, but I will take the hit for it. I guess everyone likes getting their Christmas present a week before the day.

BTW who really cares if it get's launched at 9 am in France or 10 am in Italy. It's the content that counts. I almost deleted this whole thing, just because i really don't need the following comments that will come from it but screw it. Someone has to be the ass with some sense of reasoning once in a while.

To the mods. If this is out of line than please delete with my blessings. I just think people need to think before opening a can of worms for a company that if something goes seriously wrong can have a big egg on their face.

BTW if anyone has issue with this than please PM me in private and we can discuss it in private.

Edited by andybarton