M8 free CaptureOne LE 3.x license

ArtZ

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I need some help concerning the free CaptureOne LE 3.x license included with the M8

My problem is I have TWO licenses I haven't used: one for each M8 (I have two bodies).

But when I got my first M8, I bought also a SanDisk card which had also a CaptureOne LE 3.x license included. So, in total, I have THREE licenses.

I used the software license key offered by SanDisk and I never bothered to use the Leica licenses.

I have never upgraded to C1 LE 4 because I use mainly Photoshop CS4. In the meantime, I've lost the SanDisk license key.

I'd like to use now my two Leica licenses (one for Windows and one for MacOS). I think I can upgrade the product once (from 3.x to 4.x)

I can log at Phase One - Digital Backs - Digital RAW Software - Capture One and I can download the latest version of C1.

Can you tell me please how to proceed to update licensing from the original version (3.x) to the newest version (4.x) knowing that the keys I have on the original CDs have never been used when I'm already a registered user at PhaseOne but not for a Leica product?

I wouldn't like to make a mistake and lose the licenses.

Thank you!

Just download the latest software from the site and use the key. You have two licenses per key (for two computers) so you are safe anyway.

My C1 ver 3.X serial (at the back of the CD) will also work for the latest version? I don't need also to register both numbers at PhaseOne?

Thank you!

IIRC, no, but there is a way to get a v4 license from a v3 license, and I think the way to do it is through the owner's area on the P1 site, so try that. IIRC, there is a registered product section or something like that.

It works on Windows!

I'll try with the Mac now... I hesitate if I should use the second license key or the same I used on Windows (and keep one key just in case...)

The CO3 LE license key which came with each of your M8s as well as with the SanDisk card are entitled to one upgrade each to CO4. They are also multi-platform keys (older CO3 LE keys were single platform, Mac or Win).

After installation of CO3/CO4 you enter the key and register (called activation in CO4 lingua). You have 2 activations per license key. New in CO4 is that you can de-activate from the program. Anyway, you can also deactivate from the Phase One web site. This way you can deactivate your CO3 installation (retrieve activation) and also retrieve the SanDisk license key you lost. How? Login to the site, go to My Account, and License Management.

As another poster described, just download the latest release from the Phase One web site and activate with one of your keys.

Edited by Paul_S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The CO3 LE license key which came with each of your M8s as well as with the SanDisk card are entitled to one upgrade each to CO4. They are also multi-platform keys (older CO3 LE keys were single platform, Mac or Win).

After installation of CO3/CO4 you enter the key and register (called activation in CO4 lingua). You have 2 activations per license key. New in CO4 is that you can de-activate from the program. Anyway, you can also deactivate from the Phase One web site. This way you can deactivate your CO3 installation (retrieve activation) and also retrieve the SanDisk license key you lost. How? Login to the site, go to My Account, and License Management.

As an other poster described, just download the latest release from the Phase One web site and activate with one of your keys.

I can see now in PhaseOne "My Account" the license I have just activated. It says:

Valid for: Leica Capture One LE 3.7.x

Registered to: artz@xxxxxx.yyy

Free upgrades left: 1

Activations left: 1

but I cannot see the SanDisk one. I tried to enter the SanDisk key first and the installation program found a "Valid CapureOne LE license" (in green) but when I pressed on "Activate" the setup program refuses the number and becomes red.

Thank you!

I can see now in PhaseOne "My Account" the license I have just activated. It says:

Valid for: Leica Capture One LE 3.7.x

Registered to: artz@xxxxxx.yyy

Free upgrades left: 1

Activations left: 1

but I cannot see the SanDisk one. I tried to enter the SanDisk key first and the installation program found a "Valid CapureOne LE license" (in green) but when I pressed on "Activate" the setup program refuses the number and becomes red.

Thank you!

Maybe you activated the SanDisk key with a different e-mail account? If so, log on with that account to the Phase One site. Or open a support case from the support pages. Phase One staff is very helpful in retrieving your license and activations.

I would very strongly urge you to contact Phase One tech support via their website. I had a license issue and they were very prompt about replying and very thorough about solving the problem. All we can do here is guess with you. They will solve the problem quickly. I was actually shocked (pleasantly), not merely surprised.

@Paul_S

No, I have only one email address and only one account at PhaseOne

@john_newell

Well, maybe I will contact them to recover SanDisk activation key... but it's not really necessary because I have two Leica licenses.

The reason of this thread was because I was afraid of doing something wrong.

@All

Thank you for your messages !

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I heard that the Sandisk unregistered keys are not anymore valid since about one year...

Jerome (Paris, France)

PS. I am looking for a valid not registered key for C1 LE

cause I just baught a Leica M8 (thanks to make offer by PM)

Reason is: C1 key validity is in fact bundled to the first user and

not bundled with the camera itself.

ArtZ -- jeromeaparis is right. the key that came with SansDisk is no longer valid.

all licenses, though, are for two machines -- i double-checked before i purchased as i wanted to make sure i could travel with it.

you will want to contact them, regardless, as i believe an upgrade is due within a month. you should check with them and ask that you get it free since you've done this so close to the new release, rather than using up your one free upgrade.

ArtZ -- jeromeaparis is right. the key that came with SansDisk is no longer valid.

all licenses, though, are for two machines -- i double-checked before i purchased as i wanted to make sure i could travel with it.

you will want to contact them, regardless, as i believe an upgrade is due within a month. you should check with them and ask that you get it free since you've done this so close to the new release, rather than using up your one free upgrade.

Ouais! :(

Yes, I know. I found that out too. I'm just using the license of my first M8. I keep the second license (from my second M8) just in case.

Thank you for your feed back. Merci.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...