Sign in to follow this  
robertofoto

milich adapter for CV 15 out of production

Well since the newer version of the 15mm came out I doubt there is a big call for this adapter. Even before this new lens you could/can fit a 39mm filter to the front of this lens. your best bet is to look on eBay or the buy & sell section of this site for one.

Questions:

Did you just purchase this lens?

If so why this model and not the newer M-mount version that takes a normal filter?

If you already had this lens why didn't you buy the adapter when they were a hot item?

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/20026-uv-ir-cut-filter-cv-15-a.html

People have used other ways than an O-ring, like small pieces of double-sided tape, foam, and so on. It works well.

I suspect that the filter adapter was pulled because some people reported vignetting with it. Apparently there is some variability in the lens hood.

I'm sure that if you REALLY REALLY want the adapter then there's a price point where John Milich will machine you one. The question is, what is that price point?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By schattenundlicht
      Although the pro/ con discussion has been beaten to death in numerous forums, I feel obliged to urge my fellow Leicaists:

1. Use filters, use filters, use filters!
      2. Better still: close hip bag properly
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      40 years of accident free photography passed by in an instant...

M7 & Cron 50 V with Leica UV filter after full drop on asphalt. Body and lens elements seem to be miraculously undamaged (besides minor mark on retractable hood). Focusing is butter smooth and aperture clicks softly (lens and camera visited Wetzlar half a year ago for a full CLA). I still have to find a way to remove the filter, though, which seems cold-welded to the lens thread...

Kind regards
      Mathias

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By 9euf
      Hi all,

I recently hit on a Summicron 50mm and bought it. Now I need a ND filter, preferably a variable one, as I'll be shooting open.
      Could you recommend me one ? I live in Europe and would appreciate if you can also tell me where I can buy it. Sometimes it's hard to find a certain model.

Thanks and wish you all a good weekend.

N.
    • By jmui852
      Hi there,

I recently purchased an M6 and plan to shoot black and white film with my 35 Summicron Version 2 8 Element lens. I read that many people use either the orange / yellow filter when it comes to shooting monochrome, I would just like to get your thoughts on which one serves better as an all purpose lens? And how exactly are they different when applied? Thanks!

Regards,
      Jeffrey
    • By StevenMz
      Habe heute bei den Schott Glaswerken in Mainz folgendes in der Vitrine entdeckt. Sieht sehr nach SL Sensor aus.

• By Zsolt Arkossy
      I would like to purchase some filters for the M10 + Summilux 35 FLE, and I am not sure which are the best in terms of ease of use (screw on with hood, stacking, vignetting).

I am about to order these:

UV: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/leica-filter/leica-filter-uva-ii-46mm-schwarz-skul13033.html

ND: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/leica-nd-filter/leica-filter-nd-16x-46mm-schwarz-skul13055.html

Polarizer: http://www.leicashop.com/brandnew_de/filter/b-w-pol-filter/b-w-circular-polfilter-ksm-e46mm-mrc-f-pro-skubw82658.html