• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bgreig
      I am using an SF40 flash on my Leica Q. What is the best way to use the flash for fill while shooting in automatic aperture and automatic speed mode? In automatic speed but a specific aperture?

• By michaeltmonaco
      Hey my name is mike and i've had my m4 since june and absolutely love the camera.  I got it cla'd by yye camera and it works great.  Only issue is I love to shoot with flash and when I try doing so with this camera it is extremely unreliable..  I have never used the leica brand pc sync cord's and was curious if that could be the issue, but have tested the cords I have on all of the other film cameras I own and they work no problem at all.  I have the vivitar 285hv and that comes with a sync cable already attached to the flash then put the other end on the socket of the camera and it works about 10 percent of the time.  My other method was buying a hot shoe adapter and then putting my metz flash atop / and or my small nikon this again only worked rarely and with intense fidgeting of the cable.  If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot.

Best,
      Mike

• By NRKstudio
      To the forum gurus: 
      For my SL2, I am seeking a good on-camera flash with radio transmitter capability, plus a controller for it.  
      I have the SF40, and it’s not making the cut really.  TTL is decent tho, but I just read “The Flash Book” by Scott Kelby and his system is all about setting the flash/camera (move the flash off camera if possible) to Manual mode (1/4 flash power, iso 100, 1/125 sec, f/5.6)and just adjusting the camera from there.
      So what have y’all been using for a good hot shoe flash and a radio controller?? 
      The SF58 and c1 remote are out of my budget unfortunately! I’m an amateur photographer who shoots just my toddler and wife, and some friends/family events.  

thanks in advance for the guidance!

• By Herr Barnack
      Hello, ladies and gents - here is a question for those who shoot with the Q2. 
      I need to get a flash for my Q2, preferably a Metz unit as they are priced more favorably than the Leica flash units.  Is there a Metz equivalent of Leica's SF60 or SF40 flash? 
      The Metz mecablitz 52 AF-1 looks like it could be a good choice.  The 52 AF-1 is supposed to be compatible with Panasonic/Leica Four Thirds TTL, according to the description on a well known camera retailer's website.  It seems odd that this flash would be compatible with Leica 4/3rds cameras but there is no mention of it being compatible with Leica's full frame cameras such as the Q2, M240 or M10.  Would that be due to the difference in sensor size between 4/3rds and full frame?
      I have used off camera flash (a Nikon unit) a fair amount in the past with my M-P 240 by using a wireless flash trigger set.  This is ungainly though when you are holding the flash in one hand and the camera in the other and trying to shoot.  I need fill flash for high contrast lighting situations so on camera flash would greatly streamline using flash with my Q2.
      So my question boils down to this:  Is the Metz mecablitz 52 AF-1 compatible with the Q2?  Or is there another flash unit that could be used on camera with the Q2?
    • By DJGR33R
      Can anyone please advise how to get rid of continuous screen flashes every time I attach a Profoto Flash Gun or Flash Trigger. Histogram and Clipping are both off.

Thanks